Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IDE DVD burner seen as SCSI and sloooooowww...

Default Re: IDE DVD burner seen as SCSI and sloooooowww...

I had exactly the same problem on my GA-965P-DQ6. Slow CD/DVD access, terrible burn times followed by a sluggish system (tons of interrupts that required rebooting to eliminate), JRAID error messages in the event log, drive listed as SCSI in Device Manager. Solution for me was to set the Gigabyte/Jmicron controller to RAID instead of IDE in the BIOS, then install the the Gigabyte RAID drivers from the Gigabyte site. After a reboot the burner was immediately recognized as IDE and I haven't had a problem since.

Quote Originally Posted by kcconlin9319 View Post
    I had exactly the same problem on my GA-965P-DQ6. Slow CD/DVD access, terrible burn times followed by a sluggish system (tons of interrupts that required rebooting to eliminate), JRAID error messages in the event log, drive listed as SCSI in Device Manager. Solution for me was to set the Gigabyte/Jmicron controller to RAID instead of IDE in the BIOS, then install the the Gigabyte RAID drivers from the Gigabyte site. After a reboot the burner was immediately recognized as IDE and I haven't had a problem since.
    Did exactly the same here (Gigabyte RAID/IDE BIOS Setup on GA-EP35C-DS3R) in order to have one Optiarc recognized as IDE burner and got its DMA channel in Ultra DMA mode 4.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Just a note:-

You can install the J Micron driver if you have an IDE DVD/CD on the IDE port (which is controlled by the GB/J Micron controller chip) and select IDE from the J Micron installer. It will then load the specific drivers for that chipset, rather than the OS default.

(My Scenario) MB = GA-P35C-DS3R and GB chipset set to IDE mode in the bios (F11). Liteon Ide Dvdrw works fine in Ultra DMA mode 4.
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 09-18-2008 at 02:10 AM.

Sounds interesting! But...
    Quote Originally Posted by kcconlin9319 View Post
    Solution for me was to set the Gigabyte/Jmicron controller to RAID instead of IDE in the BIOS, then install the the Gigabyte RAID drivers from the Gigabyte site.
    So, set it in BIOS to RAID.

Quote Originally Posted by svcglobal View Post
    Did exactly the same here (Gigabyte RAID/IDE BIOS Setup on GA-EP35C-DS3R)
    So, set it in BIOS to RAID/IDE.

Are you sure you two are talking about the same setting?
    I'm also interested in Lsdmeasap's opinion on this. It sure sounds like it might work. Especially since I now get errors during booting, saying something about a JRAID driver not being verified or something like that (sorry, can't be more specific, I'm not at home at the moment zo I'm doing this by memory. Or lack of memory... ;-) )

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

A RAID setting and or a Raid Driver is not needed at all for IDE DVD drive. You may of course install it if you was using RAID on that chip, but if not A Microsoft one will be installed.

It is a microsoft driver that controls the IDE port if you are not already using RAID on that chip. See my image on page one, Standard Dual Channel IDE controller (Microsoft).

Now, I am not saying the above solutions would not work. But I am saying a fix for a issue is not the Proper method, nor how it Should work

Again, Step 3 is what you want to do. If you are still at that point, if not try the above. Sounds messy with all this messing around, if it was me I would do a proper clean install

Option 3 didn't work for some reason, DVD is still seen as SCSI and still slow.
    Also, I'm getting more and more problems during system startup with this weird JRAID message I mentioned before. Why is it weird: sometimes my system starts up, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it freezes after startup. No logic in that. Rubbish!
    I'm beginning to think a clean install might indeed be the best solution. But not just a clean DVD drive reinstall, but a clean Windows reinstall. I think I've been messing around too much and I think that too many artifacts of that are left behind hidden somewhere in my system.
    What can I say, I'm too much an enthousiast I suppose ;-)

Yeah, a Clean windows install would be nice. Do it proper this time

Yesterday evening I did a complete and clean Windows reinstall. First, I made sure my BIOS settings were correct (especially the Integrated Peripherals of course), then I ran the Windows installer, formatted the C-drive to make sure all the rubbish was wiped out, and reinstalled Vista. Evrything went smoothly and now I have a perfectly clean Vista system. And guess what? My DVD ROM player is recognised as a real ATA drive!!!
    There is one uninstalled item left in Device Control and I'm not sure what to do about it: what is the SM-buscontroller, what driver does it need, and why wasn't that on the Windows installer?

Oh, before I forget: in Device Manager I see 2 similar devices for HD Audio and only 1 of those can be updated with the latest Realtek driver from the Gigabyte website. I have no additional sound devices installed, all I have is the onboard device. Any idea why there are two devices shown?
    Also, there are 2 identical processors listed in Device Manager. Is that because it's a dual core processor? Or could all of this have something to do with that uninstalled SM-buscontroller mentioned in my previous post?

Sm BUS controller driver will be installed with the chipset drivers, so please install the latest Intel Chipset driver
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver Download

Or
    Intel Chipset Installation Driver 8.4.0.1013 WHQL Driver for Windows Vista Free Download - Softpedia

Please install that, then see about the sound ones. If your speaker are working then I would leave it alone. Many people have issues with MS drivers conflicting with the Realtek ones. So you dont want to install Microsoft UUA driver via MS updates or any other way if your Realtek is working. This will likely be fixed after you install the chipset drivers. If not, after you install them, go ahead and reinstall the latest Realtek driver from below

I always get my drivers from Realtek >>>
    Realtek

Yes, Dual Core means Two silly J/K >>>

Don't worry, you will get it or I will help ya get there for sure! You already got your main problem fixed, the rest is just little things

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information