Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: IDE DVD burner seen as SCSI and sloooooowww...

Default Re: IDE DVD burner seen as SCSI and sloooooowww...

I updated the picture for a larger version.
    Will try to do as you suggested, I'll keep you updated.
    Thanks!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yeah OK!!

Yeap that is the Microsoft UUA driver I told you to watch to not install from Microsoft updates, not need to worry if it is installed since it works still. It was just suggested to not let it install as It has caused issues in the past.

What does that say in english? HAHA High Definition Apparatus? DO you see UUA anywhere in the scrolling dropout menu in the details tab? Just wondering, I think it is UUA driver anyway as I see gigabyte packages realtek and UUA together now, which might be why you have both if you grabbed the driver from the GA page instead of realtek

So you can leave it since it is working or try to get it removed with the info I posted.

Good luck
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-23-2008 at 01:59 PM.

I'll try later today, OK?
    For now, just a sidenote: I did not install the Microsoft driver during update. Immediately after I first installed Vista, there were already 2 seemingly identical HD Audio Devices in my Device Manager. Both were called "High Definition Audio-apparaat" (Dutch for "High Definition Audio Device"). Then, I manually downloaded the Realtek driver. Only one of the 2 original HD Audio Devices could then be updated with that Realtek driver, the other one could not be updated and is therefore still shown as the original "High Definition Audio-apparaat". That is what you see in my Device Manager: one is the updated audio device which now shows itself as "Realtek High Definition Audio" and the other one is still the same as it was right after my initial Vista install. It's weird though, since I really only have one audio device.

EDIT: I tried your suggestion, but Vista simply re-installs the second audio device after I removed it. I guess I'll just leave it there then, since it doesn't seem to interfere with my system. It's just weird, but so am I, so why bother ;-)
    By the way, I couldn't find any UUA references, where should I have looked?
    Last edited by Jamie74; 09-24-2008 at 01:49 PM.

It would have been listed in Device manager, maybe since the different language it is not? I would think that is likely it. Did you do your uninstall and deleted driver for it in safe mode? If not that is why Windows reinstalled it.

You can see Gigabyte Bundled it with the realtek driver on the download page, at least some models. So that is likely how it was installed

But yeah, it is working so you might want to leave it since it has no ill effects

Hello!
    I thought that I do not have any issue with my SBS2003 R2 and GA-G33-DS3R but obviously I was wrong! Thats why I register on this web page!

Let me explain my problem.
    G33 DS3R , 3x160GB , all three on ICH9 (internal raid) , one is Raid0 two other are raid1.
    Working ok.
    1x LG dvd reader
    2x 500gb on raid 1, on gigabyte raid (famous GBB36X controller).
    IN BIOS:
    RAID - on - for ICH9
    RAID - on - for gigabyte

I wouldn't notice problem with optical device (because this is kind of server so small use of optical) but when I started Gigabyte Raid Configurer I got
    "GBB36X raid Device is not found"
    as you cna see from pic , Intel® Matrix Storage Manager is working good and hdd are ON raid.
    BUT, now I want to settle exchange on gigabyte raid (on these two 500gb) so first to solve this issue!
    As you can see from pic, 2x500gb are in raid (I think?!) and they are seen as one hdd but Configurator wont see them!
    As I notice that I have issue with cd (it is shown SCSI but it is IDE) I assume that need to solve this situation and then continue with settling exchange!
    First, I did download newest JMicron driver 1.17.42.08 from officaily gigabyte web page and restarted as @kcconlin9319 said but you can see on pic that Im on same!

So should I do option 2. or anythings else?!@

its very simple : I want to have 2x500gb raid og gigabye recognized in windows and seen but Configutator. Also CD is good to be working as IDE but it is not a must!

Please help, look at pic for more details!

Thx,

David
    Attached Images Attached Images IDE DVD burner seen as SCSI and sloooooowww...-server-sbs2003-r2-jpg 

Welcome aboard. I think you are maybe confused about your drive setups.

RAID of any type takes at least 2 disks, since you have three then it is like this.

Raid 0 is on two or three drives only, it cannot be on only one drive

Raid 1 can be only on two, or three up to you

The yellow ports are for the Intel controller and the Purple ports are for the Gigabyte controller.. So if you have all disks plugged into the yellow ports that is why you do not see GBB36X raid Device. You would need to install the Intel Matrix software to manage your RAID arrays in windows if you wanted to and have them on the yellow ports

So please tell me what drives you have now plugged into what ports. And install the intrl Matrix software so you can manage your other RAIDS, I think that will help you out a bit. >>>
    Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager

If you do want to setup a Gigabyte RAID 0 2x500 you will need to plug those disks into the purple ports and then go into the Gigabyte RAID BIOS (Control + G at bootup) and create the array, then go into windows and install the drivers for that again via device manager, update drivers and then reinstall the Gigabyte Raid utility

About your DVD player, please post a image of your Integrated Peripherals BIOS page so I can see your settings, and then standard CMOS as well inside the DVD Players selection

Thx for fas feedback, I was wondering when you will feedback, Im little bit impatient ;)
    <o:p> </o:p>

The yellow ports are for the Intel controller and the Purple ports are for the Gigabyte controller.. So if you have all disks plugged into the yellow ports that is why you do not see GBB36X raid Device. You would need to install the Intel Matrix software to manage your RAID arrays in windows if you wanted to and have them on the yellow ports

yellow (intel controller) : 3x160gb
    1 is with OS on should not go in raid (separate, standalone)
    Other 2 hdds goes in raid 1 (will put exchange on them!)
    BIOS – intel - RAID
    Purple (gigabyte controller) : 2x500gb
    Both should go on raid 1 (will be file server)
    BIOS – gigabute – RAID

So please tell me what drives you have now plugged into what ports. And install the intrl Matrix software so you can manage your other RAIDS, I think that will help you out a bit. >>>
    Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager

You can see on pic:
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->-when I start Intel® Matrix Storage Manager (left side of pic) – 3hdd found and working on raid (raid not settle yet but they are there J<!--[endif]-->
    <!--[if !supportLists]-->-when I start Gigabyte Raid Configurer (light side of pic) – GBB366x not found!<!--[endif]-->

If you do want to setup a Gigabyte RAID 0 2x500 you will need to plug those disks into the purple ports WAS THAT and then go into the Gigabyte RAID BIOS (Control + G at bootup) DONE ALREADY (WAS THAT) and create the array (DONT TOO) , then go into windows and install the drivers (DID) for that again via device manager update drivers (didnt ,? what to do - upgrade like @Jamie74 said - OPTION 2 or update on newest gigabyte?!) , and then reinstall the Gigabyte Raid utility (once again?!)

yes! this is what I want to be done!
    Im afraid that if I do like @Jamie74 said and upgrade on Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller I loose
    Gigabyte GBB36X Controller drivers and I'll newer be abale to have it back so I'll lose RAID on these 2x500GB?! Thats what Im afraid of! I
    ll probably solve issue regarding SCSI->IDE optical device but what will happened to GB36x drivers/controller and raid which I need to be working!

as you can see from pic, in right corner you can see "how" windowns and gbb366x controller sees 2x500gb hdds!

please help!

About your DVD player, please post a image of your Integrated Peripherals BIOS page so I can see your settings, and then standard CMOS as well inside the DVD Players selection[/quote]

post it later...

Thx,

waiting fro feedback...

Attached Images Attached Images IDE DVD burner seen as SCSI and sloooooowww...-raid-issue-jpg 

OK, so you want to add or setup 2x500 on the purple ports right?

Is there already DATA on the drives? If not, then just uninstall that device in device manager and go in and delete the RAID array in the GA BIOS and come back to windows and reinstall the Drivers only you do not need the Gigabyte software installed as it only allows you to change the arrays name or delete it. All you need is the drivers installed

For your Integrated peripherals page you do have the Middle RAID Options set to RAID Right? Like shown here, Just checking >>>>

Smile Re: IDE DVD burner seen as SCSI and sloooooowww...

Excellent !

It works!

Thx man a lot, I did follow your manual (uninstall - go to bios kill raid - restart - go to bios activate raid ) and windows manage to find new hardware and after finding some stuff windows also put back LG dvd on IDE !

so I killed two flies with one slap!

Also Gigabyte Raid Configurer are working !

Now I have one more question regarding this raid but I'll put it in new post, let this post be post of gratitude! :)

So, that new issue is smaller and easier but I want to be sure that I dont ruin all of this we done till now!

Now that we settle raid1 on 2x500gb now windows sees them as DRIVE H: and sees them as DYNAMIC DRIVES (see pic) - DISK 3

So, as I know that raid in better to be on Basic then on dynamic I want to put this raid to on BASIC!

Question is : how to do that and not to ruin anything (like I dunno ruin raid or what ever)!
    Both hdds (2x500gb) and empty so no problem regarding that!

Cheers and waiting for feedback,

David
    Attached Images Attached Images IDE DVD burner seen as SCSI and sloooooowww...-dynamic-jpg 

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information