Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: IDE DVD burner seen as SCSI and sloooooowww...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: IDE DVD burner seen as SCSI and sloooooowww...

GREAT to see you got it all working! Thanks for the kind words!

That is simple to fix, especially since you have no data on the drive/drives. All you have to do is delete the partition and create a new basic disk and format it to NTFS in it's place. This will not affect your RAID at all. Your RAID will always be one disk and fine until you do something with it in the BIOS or Utility, windows will always see it as one large drive (no matter how many partitions you put inside it)

See here, similar is suggested (likely for a disk with DATA on it, you could do it either way) >>>
    Windows XP: Convert Dynamic Disk To Basic, dynamic hard disk, dynamic disk

You may also use partition programs like Acronis or Partition magic to do this as well

Since you are running a server that may be what you want anyway, or GPT >>>
    Dennis Chung - Windows MVP: What is GPT Disk in Windows 2003?
    Windows and GPT FAQ: Version 1.1

What do you see when you right click the area as shown here, you may just be able to convert it. If not, just delete the volume and create a new partition >>>

Talking Re: IDE DVD burner seen as SCSI and sloooooowww...

Serbia sends greeting, everything passed good!

here are pic!

Cheers

Attached Images Attached Images IDE DVD burner seen as SCSI and sloooooowww...-final-jpg 

Great to see! Nice when things go over without issues isnt it!

Which method did you use, just wondering?

Option 2 just worked perfect for me under Xp-Pro SP3. I've been chasing this around for 2 days before I found this site.

Many thanks.

Great to hear you found the help you needed! And thanks for posting what worked for you for others to see as well!

Uninstalling the Gigabyte raid driver fixed my problem, my DVD burner was not recognizing disks, explorer was hanging, autorun was not working. Disks were only recognized if they were in the drive and the system was rebooted, otherwise explorer.exe would just hang the system, very annoying -- Win XP Pro, fresh install. Just got the motherboard EP45-UD3P the other day and was trying to get everything re-installed, unknowingly installed all from the Gigabyte driver disk, and cd/dvd access went downhill. Once I uninstalled the raid driver, Windows detected a standard IDE controller and all was well. Luckily I found this forum and found my answer, thanks to all--great forum!

Thanks for posting your findings! May help someone down the road

Glad to find this thread which I've read through but don't seem to quite have the answer for my config.

My setup:
    GA-965P-S3 with 2 hard drives in RAID 0 on the 2 purple SATA headers as the boot volume using Win XP SP3. 3 hard drives on 3 of the yellow SATA headers runnning fine. A Plextor DVD reader/writer running on the IDE header.

Problem: Just added an LG GCC-H20L BluRay DVD optical drive on the 4th yellow SATA header. Windows doesn't popup with the expected "found new hardware" wizard. Instead 3 new SCSI drive entries are added in device manager but the new drive won't run at all using these. (Edit: it has power and the tray will open but no disks are recognized in it)

What I've tried:
    uninstalling the 3 SCSI entries in device manager then scanning for new hardware again. Same result.
    Option 3 above.

Naturally I'm not anxious to try option 1 or 2 above for fear of breaking my RAID 0 booting.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated especially if it can be fixed without a clean install.

In the bios, what mode is the Intel ICH controller in? Legacy, Native, AHCI/raid?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Thanks VorLonUK for the quick reply. I'll check this when I go home tonite.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information