Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EP45-DS4P - Disappearing Device on S3 resume

Default GA-EP45-DS4P - Disappearing Device on S3 resume

Hi.. first time poster. Could not find any similiar threads so thought I'd start this.

New Build for Media Centre:
    GA-EP45-DS4P (rev1.0)
    Intel E8500
    4GB DDRII Team Group team xtreme 1066 ram
    1TB Samsung F1 drive
    ASUS 9600GT SILENT edition
    Enermax Modu82 525w psu
    Coolermaster Cosmos S
    Vista Premium 32bit Service Pack 1

(yes, overkill for a media centre!, but it also doubles as the everyday family pc aswell.. and one day will serve as my media server)

After installing MCE Standy Tool, and tweaking to fix video issues, i managed to get this machine to go to sleep (S3) and resume with no problems.

I installed a Hauppauge 2200 Dual Hybrid PCIe TV Tuner card on the weekend. However, upon a S3 resume, the card totally drops out of device manager and as a result Media Centre thinks there is no tuner installed.

The only way around this is to do a cold reboot.

I have the exact same issue on an S4 and a S3+S4 resumes. The only 'sleep' thats seems to keep the card 'installed' on a resume is S1.

I have tried BIOS ver 6 and 7 to no avail. Currently on v3 (getting desperate here)

I'm running the latest drivers for both the TV card and my 9600gt.

The TV card is physically located in PCIe x1 slot 3. I cannot move the card to slot #1 due to the silent pipe heatsink on the NB (i think its the NB under that large chunk of copper)... the tv card is quite long. I cannot move the card to slot 2 due to the large heatsink on the 9600gt.

Could the be the cause? the fact that its in the 3rd slot, with slot 1 and 2 empty ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS4P - Disappearing Device on S3 resume

S3 resume is a known issue in P45. Hopefully it will get fixed soon, until then I suggest you use S1 or no sleep >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...p-state-27296/

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I can say P35 had the same issue and was finally fixed with a newer BIOS. Hopefully P45 will follow suit

Thanks Mate. I know you devote a lot of time to this forum, so thanks.

However.. shame on Gigabyte. It's really pretty pathetic on their part, and as muelch noted on the other thread... very ironic that they boast about their power saving features, yet cannot support the SINGLE biggest power saver microsoft provide.

ill keep hassling gigabyte and keep my fingers crossed for a fix

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

They will get it fixed, Someone just posted a beta fixed his boards issue. And they did finally get it for P35. Just so many variables ya know.

Thanks for the kind words, and yes please email the support team the more the better

Thread Information