Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gigabyte X48-DQ6 reboot/hang problem 2

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte X48-DQ6 reboot/hang problem 2

1.88 would be fine, as would be 1.91. Most DDR2 ram will handle 2.0 anyway, so you should be fine with either.

That is good going one by one, that way if you get a error you know which setting you changed caused it.

2x2GB just needs some adjustments to be stable is all, Something Auto generally will not get correctly

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    1.88 would be fine, as would be 1.91. Most DDR2 ram will handle 2.0 anyway, so you should be fine with either.

That is good going one by one, that way if you get a error you know which setting you changed caused it.

2x2GB just needs some adjustments to be stable is all, Something Auto generally will not get correctly
    Hi again!

I can not set "tRead phase adjust" to 0. The lowest value that Bios let me set is 1 (I think is similar, isn't it?)

The rest of settings are as you told me and now I am doing proofs.

For the moment, all is ok.

IŽll be back again! :)
    Last edited by Alicantino32; 09-18-2008 at 02:45 AM.

No, 1 will make static tRead Value be 1 lower at certain times. You can enter 0, did you try both Zero's on your keyboard? Numlock on for the numberpad?

No, 1 will make static tRead Value be 1 lower at certain times. You can enter 0, did you try both Zero's on your keyboard? Numlock on for the numberpad?
    Yes I did, but I couldn't. My BIOS does not let me put 0. The lowest value I can set is 1 (choice-table)... but for the moment having increased (G)MCM voltage and having done all the rest you told me, my computer seems to work well.
    Last edited by Alicantino32; 09-20-2008 at 03:51 AM.

Let me look into this on my board, you should be able to set it on Auto or Zero (I thought) Use Auto if you can.

Otherwise remember that if you use 1 there, Static tRead Value will be -1

I'll check my BIOS right now, but You should be able to set 1-31, Zero or Auto I think. I know for sure one of those work as I use it, I know for a FACT you do not have to use a Value.

Ill post back in a second about this, incase you read this right now.

OK, just checked. You should for sure be able to set AUTO above the 1, it will stay at Zero with Auto set

OK, just checked. You should for sure be able to set AUTO above the 1, it will stay at Zero with Auto set
    I set Auto but BIOS shows 1 yet

Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1 (Auto)

When all memory's values were at Auto, Statit tRead was 16 (you can read my first post)... now, BIOS shows 1 (the latest value I put) then I don't know what value really is.
    Last edited by Alicantino32; 09-20-2008 at 04:28 PM.

That is fine, 1 will not be used. What you see in the BIOS for Auto for anything, is never what you get in windows, and is often the last setting used, or manually entered.

You can verify this if you like, open MemSet and see what "performance Level" ({tRD} Static tRead Value) is, it should be as you set it in the BIOS and not -1 which it would be if you had Phase adjust set

When all memory's values were at Auto, Statit tRead was 16 (you can read my first post)... now, BIOS shows 1 (the latest value I put) then I don't know what value really is.
    This is why Auto should not be used for most settings, please manually set Static tRead Phase adjust to Auto, and Static tRead Value to 7-10

That is fine, 1 will not be used. What you see in the BIOS for Auto for anything, is never what you get in windows, and is often the last setting used, or manually entered.

You can verify this if you like, open MemSet and see what "performance Level" ({tRD} Static tRead Value) is, it should be as you set it in the BIOS and not -1 which it would be if you had Phase adjust set

This is why Auto should not be used for most settings, please manually set Static tRead Phase adjust to Auto, and Static tRead Value to 7-10
    Ok! Thanks for your reply!

I downloaded Memset 3.5. "Performance Level" shows 7.

I think this is ok?. My computer works very very well! and I'm very very happy

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by Alicantino32; 09-20-2008 at 08:15 PM.

Anytime!

Glad to see your computer is running better now! Post back anytime if you need some help with things. Otherwise... Enjoy your system!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information