Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3L and 8GB RAM not available but seen in Vista

Default GA-EP45-DS3L and 8GB RAM not available but seen in Vista

Thanks for looking into my post!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    My problem rests with the setup here; GA-EP45-DS3L MB, Q6600, Radeon 4850 GC, and 8GB of Patriot PC8500 RAM (4X2GB 1066 not sure of the exact model at this time). Now, I installed a clean version of Ultimate Edition with only 4GB of RAM installed at that time. Since then, I upgraded to the same exact memory to a total of 8GB's. Vista recognizes the entire amount of RAM as total memory, but available memory is showing just under 4GB thru the task manager and 3<SUP>rd</SUP> party memory utilities. All hardware is detected and operating fine, and the bios settings appear to be fine. The computer is working great but not using all available memory which seems to be a waste at this time. <o:p></o:p>
    I appreciate your support in helping! Thanks<o:p></o:p>
    Please note: I will try reinstalling Vista if no other methods exist. <o:p></o:p>

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L and 8GB RAM not available but seen in Vista

ONLY 64bit Operating System can USE above 4GB, so I would assume you have 32bit vista correct?

You will have to download 64bit vista. Call MS they will give you a link and your 32bit key will work

Thread Information