Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP45-DS3R boot loop question

Default EP45-DS3R boot loop question

Hello I'm new here and just had a question maybe someone could help me out with. This is a new build and I really have been having a heck of a time with it. Here are the specs:

Intel E8400
    MSI R3870 x2
    2x2gb kingston RAM @800 mhz
    Kingwin mach1 700 watt PSU

So here's what happens, I got everything installed on the mobo and I get a splash display that is up for about 10 seconds and then I get a reboot. I can tab to a post and it looks like it recognizes the processor and the memory and reboots. That screen is only up for a matter of seconds. It says that I'm running bios version 7 so it shouldn't be a problem there but I'm at a loss for words here guys. All the components have been checked out side of the case with the exception of the memory. So that leads me to believe that this is a memory problem but it looks like it is recognizing the memory! Going to put a different video card into it later today to see what I come up with but I could see video and the card worked elsewhere so I'm not thinking that's the prob but I could be wrong. What do you guys think?!? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-DS3R boot loop question

Try it with only one stick of ram in slot one. Then if it boots ok, go into MIT section of the BIOS and set MCH Core voltage to 1.25, and manually set your ram voltage to the spec on the sticker

Yeah I tried the memory in all the slots to no avail using 1 stick at a time and both on the the other two slots.

Thank you for the quick response!
    Last edited by donked; 09-16-2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Forgot the thank you!

Both on the other two? I mean one ONLY in slot one. If you did do that you may have some bad ram. Can you test on another PC? If so, please test one stick at a time in slot one with Memtest86+ >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

I am on my way out the door, so I wont be back until late tonight. Good luck until then

I'll give it a shot! Thanks for your help! I'll let you know what happens!

Ok so I haven't been able to test the memoryin another box but with the memory on the board I get one short beep (letting me know it was a successful boot) I tried it with it out and of course get the continuous beeps. I'm going to go pick up some 4GB DDR2 PC6400 DUAL HYPER X MEMORY / KINGSTON from my local electronics store. Is there anything I would need to do to get that to work in my system or should memory just work out of the box?

Bios Should recognise new memory and set default voltages and timings (which doesn't mean it will choose optimal settings :) When system starts, reset Bios settings to it's defaults; then You can change anything manually, if it will be necessary for the memory (take a look at Kingston DDRs specs You use).
    GA-EP45-DS3R F8 / E8400@4.2GHz / Scythe Katana 2 / Patriot Dual LLK 2x2GB CL4 /
    EVGA GTX280@640/2550MHz / X-Fi X-treme Music / Seagate Barracuda 500GB 32MB /
    Chieftec Dragon CFT-650-14C / Win XP Pro SP2

For 2x2Gb I would advise you put in only one, then go in the BIOS and set MCH and Ram voltage and shut down and put in the other stick. Then you can start adjusting things

Thread Information