Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EP45-DS3L - New P45 driver posted

ed1 is offline Member

Default EP45-DS3L - New P45 driver posted

There is a new Intel INF P45 chipset driver posted on the Gigabyte website for the EP45-DS3L. The individual driver files seem to be dated in July, but this driver was just posted by Gigabyte the other day.

I don't think I have had any rebooting or freeze ups since installing this driver. I was having plenty just before installing it. I am running the F8 bios with 2X2GB Corsair TwinX.

Could this new driver be the solution to so many issues???

Has anyone else had any experience with this new driver?
    Last edited by ed1; 09-19-2008 at 10:29 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-DS3L - New P45 driver posted

I use Other sources, such as Intel directly or Other hosted sites. But this is the Version I have installed now 8.4.0.1013

Here is the release notes if you would like me to upload and post let me know >>>
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?omktnznoy0m
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-19-2008 at 01:48 PM.

ed1 is offline Member

Thanks for the info lsdmeasap.

I am not an expert in these driver issues. Can you tell me where (in Device Manager?) I can find out which P45 chipset driver version I have installed on a Vista system?

Thanks.

Yes, audio, LAN, and chipset drivers have all been updated as of 9/16/08. I'm not having problems with any of these, with the exception of the "resume from S3" issue. Any chance that the chipset driver would effect that?
    Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
    Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

You can check Version Info of installed Drivers in Device Manager here, Several of them will show you in this section and some Versions may vary as not all items are always included/needed in a update >>>

ed1 is offline Member

Lsdmeasap, thanks again for the info. With the latest Intel INF update recently posted on the Gigabyte site for the GA-EP45-DS3L, I seem to have version 9.0.0.1009 for most of the components.

I have done 2 things to my system recently which seem to have STOPPED completely the boot up and system freezing problems. This is the third day that I am having no more of these problems, which I kept having even after updating to F8 BIOS.

Recent steps:

1. Installed the latest P45 Intel INF driver from the Gigabyte website, posted just a few days ago.

2. Reduced the MCH voltage from 1.10v to 1.05v. (Even though I am running 2X2gb of Corsair TwinX 1066 memory.) I know you usually recommend increasing MCH voltage when running 2X2gb, but I read about one other poster's success reducing voltage and I thought I would try it. So far, it has worked.

Do you think these steps are the solution to all of the problems people have been having with this board? Should they be publicized with a new thread?

Ya, the lower you can get with voltages and be stable is best, if you are sure that is Memtest86+ stable then use it

Here is the actual Latest Release from Intel I mention above 9.0.0.1011
    Download Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility 9.0.0.1011 - The Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility installs Windows* INF files to the target system - Softpedia

Download Intel Chipset Device Software v.9.0.0.1011 | Catalog - X-DRIVERS.COM: eXtremly full software portal

|MG| Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility 9.0.0.1011

Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility 9.0.0.1011 download - TechSpot Downloads

No, people have various problems because they expected a Much lesser BIOS and just have not learned the in's and out's of it all yet. Chipset drivers do not matter to stability very much if any. You may have better luck in your case with your voltage adjustment more then anything, if your sticks needed less for the MCH then others is all.

I would venture to think your ram is not memtest86+ stable buy using less then the default recommended for 2x1 as that is the Intel Default and 2x2 for sure will need more. But as you know, anything can happen, but if I was you I would be testing that out as unseen ram errors can cause Data Corruption and lead to loss of your whole Hard Drives data if you do not catch it too soon

ed1 is offline Member

I have never run memtest before. Is there a step by step tutorial somewhere on how to use it?

Do you know if it can be run off of a USB flash drive rather than a CD?

Why doesn't this latest Intel INF file appear on the Intel website? It seems to be on the mirrors but not on Intel's site.

Thanks.

Using Memtest is really easy, and yeah, they seem to have a version for download specifically for use with USB flash drives. Once you've got Memtest burned to a CD or placed on a USB drive you can just boot from that device and the program will automatically begin testing.

Get version 2.01 here: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Because Intel has said they feel it is up to motherboard companies to release the latest drivers, which Intel gives them. So they update the site when they please

To use Memtest86+ on a USB, you will need the DOS bootable USB files which can be found in the BIOS flashing guide, and add the memtest86+ file here (Extract the exe of course) >>>
    http://www.memtest.org/download/2.01...+-2.01.exe.zip

To the USB along with the DOS Bootable files. Then be sure Legacy USB Storage Detect is enabled in Integrated Perpherails page and boot to the USB Stick and run the memtest .exe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information