Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pls help me configure EP-45-DS3R

Exclamation Re: Pls help me configure EP-45-DS3R

Hello Lsdmeasap...and Jaguar

I checked the specs for Intel P35 and P45 Chipsets and they are different, because P45 uses a 65nm process compared to P35 90nm process.
    A 65nm process allow for smaller sized chips but also implies a reduced voltage. The same is true for the processors (series 8000 CPU uses 45nm process wich uses lower Vcc than their predecessors)

max allowed Vcc for P35 chipset is 1.375Volts while Vcc max for P45 chipset is just 1.21Volts as I sed before.

Here are the links to the PDFs:

P45 Chipset see page 435

http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/319970.pdf

P35 Chipset see page 374

http://www.intel.com/Assets/PDF/datasheet/316966.pdf

I also have doubts because checking the MCH core voltage with EasyTune6 (the software included with the MoBo) reported MCH Vcore=1.32 Volts when using setting AUTO in BIOS. (Must use the "advanced" tab to see voltages of the MoBo) so I changed MCH core voltage to MANUAL in the BIOS and set it to 1.2 volts just in case.

By the way I am using MCH core voltage of 1.1 volts in my GA-EP45-DS4 MoBo with 400MHz FSB and 333MHz MCH strap. I run ORTHOS more than 8 hours without any error. (Tested with 8x multiplier to get CPU freq. of 3.2GHz for my E8500 to be sure there are no failures because of the CPU frecuency)

I hope this info to be useful and may be it arrives before any MoBo deaths with P45 chipset....

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Pls help me configure EP-45-DS3R

Thanks, It will be fine though. Like I said Everyone used +2 or more with P35 and no bad NB's I have seen. So same would likely apply with P45, but ya, maybe just a little less. I will soon have my own P45 installed but I will not be able to test this out until I get some 2x2GB

Ya, you using stock or less will be fine since you are only using 2x1 ram, additional Voltage is only needed for 2x2 or more of ram

Thanks again for the PDF's

Thank you so much Mod. I will try these settings tonight.

Good luck, and post back for sure!

I may be gone here shortly until tomorrow I am going to try to get my new P45 installed tonight

Hey LSDMEASAP,

Let me start off by saying this seems like a great place with lots of info.

Just wondering how your P45 board was doing and if you've overclocked it yet...

And relating to this thread I just picked up a DS3R board plus the E7200 and was wondering if those setttings for the overclocking would work on a stock HSF or would you recommend getting something better? What if I wanted to go a little higher, perhaps to 3.6Ghz? on 2x2gb OCZ Reaper ram (800Mhz)

thanks

There's a lot of factors you have to account for cooling. Ambient temperature, case airflow, your cpu's VID, etc. The best way to figure out how high you can OC with the stock heatsink is to test it out.

All running smooth here! Haven't had time to tweak anything or do some major overclocking though, but I will get there

Booted in at 4Ghz no problems though, just gotta tweak my ram settings and such for my 24/7 use

Stock may get you 3.2-3.4 or so maybe, but I would get a better heatsink anyway! But no, P45 settings will not be the same for P35, way different.

If you need help please feel free to make a new thread with your full specs and I can help you, in the meantime please read the pinned guies they will help you alot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information