Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EP35C-DS3R CPU Fan Control - Doesn't work?

Default Re: EP35C-DS3R CPU Fan Control - Doesn't work?

I had a feeling you were going to say that!

More money!

What's the difference betweek the stock 4 pin cooler and a 4 pin PWM cooler?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well, sounds like the PWM part of yours is not working. But the difference in sound and temps of stock and a better cooler will be nice for sure.

Let me look around, Search I mean. I think I helped someone with this before and get a Beta BIOS for them

BRB
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-21-2008 at 05:13 PM.

Ahh, I cannot find it! Maybe I am thinking of a NON EP model.

Can you try this method and see if you can even control the fan? >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/fan-...04/#post247520

Which is also posted elsewhere in this format >>>
    Deactivate Smart Fan in BIOS. Then install Speedfan 4.33, enter Configure go to Advanced tab, select IT8718F blah blah (first item in menu), make sure all three PWM modes are in Software controlled mode. That's all! Then choose if you want automatic or manual fan speed control.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/p35-...working-26399/

Janus told someone it may be in ET6, but was not at the time. I do see it in the version I have installed, but do not have a CPU fan connected so I cannot test nor do I have one laying around or I would. But I do see settings for Auto/disabled and advanced with temps and fan speed sliders. I can enable it in my BIOS and see if this enabls the sliders but Results would not be seen/heard with no CPU fan connected, but I can if you want me to.

Maybe this is your Answer, get the latest ET6 for your board See image >>>

Here is out discussions I found for various Models and fan issues. Some do address PWM 4 pin fans, and controlling 3 and 4 pins fans. Maybe you can find a answer here, but I still think you should get a Controller (Or use Software) or get a Good heatsink >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/p35-...90/index4.html

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...10/index3.html

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/p35-...57/index2.html

Sorry I cannot answer you for sure on any of it, and I could not find the thread I was thinking of. But I think They have removed 3pin controls, and now have 4 pin control only, but seems maybe yours does not meet the newer Intel design for 4pin control being as it is a 2-3 year old CPU design?

Sorry, do you want me to email Janus and see if he will come give you a official answer? I can, and he will but it may take a few days

Thanks for your help LSD.

With Smart control disabled I have a small amount of contorl through SpeedFan 4.35.

I can drop the Intel fan to 1300RPM. It seems to have a range ov between 1300RPM and 1500RPM.

Think you're right about a quiet fan.

Would be interesting to see if Janus has any ideas though?

Now going to get ET6 to see if that does anything.

EDIT: ET6 doesn't support P35 boards.
    Last edited by s-comps; 09-21-2008 at 07:34 PM.

Just for the records, definitively no Legacy Fan setup is available in this mobo (EP35C-DS3R rev 2.1).
    Got mine with F2 from store, updated to F3a, then F3 and finally with F4a. No one of these have that legacy, even with Control + F1.
    Also that setup is missing in the manual. So the PWM modulator must be inside the fan (those ones with four wires) since Gigabyte did not include this hardware in this mobo.
    If the CPU cooler have four wires and the speed is not variable, I would suspect first that something is wrong with the fan itself.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Sorry to hear ET6 is a No go in this board! Well it sounds like speedfan works for you at least, that is likely as far as the range of the fan will go maybe?

If it was me I would really be looking at a better fan.

Ya, I think older Intel fans were not made right as I have seen a few similar threads. So not REAL PWM I dont think even though they made the design. Maybe just a previous method or version of it. Something though, I have seen MANY Stock intel fans not work correct. So either some are broke or some are designed differently then they should have been

I Have sent a Email to Janus, so hope he will stop by soon, or reply to me about it

Please see svcglobal's reply here, it is about p45 but I think it also is the same PWM issue you are having explained. I doubt the Intel stock fan has the onboard PWM controller, which is needed for PWM to function properly >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/x45-...uestion-27799/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information