Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP35-DS3R and E8500

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP35-DS3R and E8500

Well it all depends on you really, they both are good. Thermalright True Ultra 120 is better then either though. But of the ones mentioned above I would say the Xigmatek is better then the Tuniq

Did you ever see if you can fit the Thermalright?

yeah i checked the mesurments and it will just fit :D

i looked for some reviews on all the advised heatsinks and also looked back in some of my Pcworld/ computer shopper mag's.

one had a 18 Heat sink fan lab test i decided on all the reviews to get this one ZEROtherm Nirvana NV-120. 84.7 CFM and apparently drop's it by 10oC will come back and tell you if it does.

Some time tomorrow (BST time) can you help me overclock my computer?

many thanks matt

It will not be better then either we discussed. Thermalright or Xigmatek or Tuniq is better then that for sure

But anyway, that will for sure be ALOT better then a stock heatsink

Ya, I can help for sure but I have no clue what BST time is. Just post what you want to run at and I will post back when I get in. In the meantime read the stickies and see how far you can get without my help. You may also want to just search for E8500, I have posted many settings for that CPU

The Tuniq Core Contact Freezer and OCZ Vendetta 2 are both great coolers for what you pay for them, but if you want awesome performance you cant go past the Noctua NH-U12P, but you will pay a bit more for it.
    NZXT Lexa BlackLine Case with Red LEDs
    Corsair TX-750 Modular PSU
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3P (BIOS F7)
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 3.73GHz (downclocked for the summer )
    OCZ Vendetta 2 CPU Heatsink
    2x 2GB Kingston HyperX RAM PC2-6400 @ 996MHz (4-5-5-15)
    3x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB HDD in RAID5
    2x HIS Radeon HD 4850 @ 745/1090 in CrossFireX
    2x ThermalTake DuOrb GPU Heatsink
    D-Link Super G PCI WLAN Adapter
    Asus Lightscribe 20x SATA II DVD-DL Burner
    Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
    2x 22" LG W2252TQ-PF Widescreen LCD Monitor (YAY!! Finally got the second one!!)

hi i have a major problem my computer wont even post now, i brought a new case installed it and there was a flash and then smoke i think it shorted or somthing

ok so i have taken it out of the case and have tested it again and it wont even boot up the lights come up on the posting led's but that's it no graphic's on the screen no nothing is there a way to test if it has broken >< 100 down the drain ><

also should a case fan have electrical resistance?

If the flash came from the motherboard, ie you say put a brass standoff in the wrong place, you no doubt have destroyed some of the "print" on the board (copper traces).
    Around the CPU VRM for instance you have the availability of high current, 70 to 120amps not being uncommon.

As for the case fans, you will not get the same sort of low impedance reading you would with a true D.C. fan. Case fans usually use a DC brushless motor, which is usually controlled by a switching IC. So using a DVM (multimeter) the fan will probably appear as high impedance.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Ouch!!! Sorry to hear this!!

So you have the board out of the case now right? See any burn marks on the backside? Could you tell where the smoke came from? With a backplate, I always line the back side of it with electrical tape just to be sure. Maybe this is what shorted out on you, or as said above a extra standoff in the wrong place?

Hope your CPU and ram and other items are ok. Update us on this when you can

hey thanks for caring, the company i brought it from blamed me for installing it wrong but that wasnt the case when i sent him a video of me dismantling it

no scorch marks just wouldnt post or anything so took it back to pcworld where i brought it from and they took the motherboard back no questions :D

i found where the smell was coming from it blew up / fryed my harddrive.

all seems fine i have it up and running now with the new heatsink its running at a cool 25oC from bios as i had to edit it as the date a things were wrong,

at idle its running at
    Core #0 33oC
    Core #1 25oC - think my thermal needs to seat properly :S or should it be like that?

under stress for 30 minuets it goes up to

the highest it went up to is

Core #0 38 oC
    Core #1 37 oC

100% on both core's

then it instantly returns to

Core #0 33
    Core #1 25

now i wanna overclock it :D

here is my setup

6400 Corsair DDr2 2x 2gb
    E8500
    GA-EP35-DS3R latest bios

erm anything else u need to know just ask :D

Many thanks

Nice to hear you had no issues once they saw no burn marks! Glad you are all up and running smoothly!

Sorry to hear about your drive as well!!

yeah 750 gb down the drain dont think they will replace it ><

can you tell me the settings i need please to overclock my Ram please im following ur guide but dont know what to set my ram at

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information