Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP35-DS3R and E8500

Default Re: GA-EP35-DS3R and E8500

hmmm i think i have it now not had a BSD so far and im at 3.6 gig :D

getting there only anoter 400 MHz

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Not that high, I use 1.29 actual in windows for 4Ghz. So you would like be able to run 3.5ish at 1.25-1.3 or so I would imagine.

Lower it until it fails and you will see you can use far less then what you are using, I would imagine. All chips are different for sure, but not alot need 1.35 to even do 4GHz

orthos wont work no more :S gonna use Prime95

it wont run lol says hardware error or somehting like that lol dunno what that means and keep getting BSD :S

i cant find this stress.txt file its not in the folder that orthos is :s

all that comes up on the screen is Paging

error message

Fatal Error Rounding was 0.4938376434, expected less than 0.4 hardware failure detected consult Stress.txt file.

this is my ram
    http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/s...html?CSR-464DH
    Last edited by hallmat; 09-28-2008 at 06:53 PM.

ok im at 4GHz but still getting errors on orthos and its not very stable but Vcore is already up to 1.30V the only way windows will load up :S maybe i need a little more for it to become stable or should i change something else ?

That means you have failing settings! That is how it is supposed to work. So you either have wrong ram timings or not enough voltage to something

What file it means is splog.txt, but it will just show you the same thing you can see in the orthos window. The actual Stress.txt file was left out in the conversion, but it only says the same as the splog file. And in prime it has been changed to results.txt, while the program still says Stress.txt, the reults are all the same as what you see in the window anyway.

So.... Anyhow, you should see by now Orthos and Prime both fail for you in similar fashions because they are the same, and your overclock is not yet stable

The default test it runs is Blend, which tests ram and CPU. To see if it is your ram just test it with memtest. If you want to use orthos to ONLY test the CPU then use small or large FFT's test, only run blend when you are sure your ram passes memtest and Orthos passes Small and Large FFT's

If you fail small or large FFT's then your CPU needs some adjustments

Orthos is Prime95, only remade with a Nice GUI, same program though exactly made from open source code. And Prime95 also has blend and Small and Large FFT which you see a choice of when you start it. Orthos Homepage >>>
    Stress Prime 2004

Ya, 1.3 might not be enough, especially if that is your actual BIOS setting, as you will get less then that in windows at idle and load. Bring it up some more

i ran memtest and it passed let it run through and no errors

its now at 1.38 V dont really want to put it up more it only seems one core is doing it

Core 0 is causing the problems core 1 will go through the blend :S

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information