Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP35-DS3R and E8500

Default GA-EP35-DS3R and E8500

i brought the Prosessor with an Asus Striker II formula but had to RMA (i know u dont talk hence no more info) i then decided to go for the best and reliable to me in the past Gigabyte :)

ok it was working for a few day's then i installed/ Ran Core Temp and the core's are running at 55+oC idle this can go up to 60oC

this cant be right surly, i have reseated the HSF but still the same so i have ordered myself some Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Paste to see if it was the pad i was using was the problem

Thanks for any help you can give me

Motherboard: EP35-DS3R
    Prossessor: E8500 Stock
    RAM: Corsair 2 x2GB DDR2
    Case: Xclio plenty of space and room for air to circulate its massive
    HeatSinkFan: Nexus LXM-8200 the highest speed i have seen it at is 1500RPM
    Graphic's card: Nvidia 9500GT 1GB *Cheap cost me 40 brand new*
    Power Supply Unit: Corsair 550W *i know there a Memory Supplyer but there were some good reviews*
    Have brought a new case NZXT Tempest ATX Gaming Case With Side Window,

hope this helps

is there any suggestions on what i need to change or do to make this work proprly

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by hallmat; 09-21-2008 at 03:27 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP35-DS3R and E8500

IF you do not mind noise you can disable the fan controls in the BIOS and let it run always at highest speed

But from the looks of that cooler online Maybe you need to use a better more CFM fan with it

55C idle is pretty warm, are you sure you did not use to much paste when you did the MX-2? Less is more! This as you can get it

i have only just orderd the MX-2 and i used a thermal Pad from askan or something like that but yeah it is i thought this was a good cooler >< i might go water cooling what do you think?

Water is good, but not ALL that much cooler. More of a hobby really. Maybe 10-15C cooler when you have the biggest and best.

Ahh, thought you had MX-2 or Some paste. Well when you get it, you will likely get far better temps with paste applied compared to a PAD.

I wouldn't worry until then about things, just try not to be running stress tests or games until you get this resolved

untill i get the Paste im not gonna use it :D i will just play on the 360 till then >< :( what HSF do you recommend?

That all depends on your case and $$. Thermalright Ultra 120 is great if it will fit, Tuniq Tower is great as well

i got the NZXT Tempest ATX Gaming Case, hmm i will look at those 2 thanks alot

cannot find that Tuniq anywhere well Overclockers have one for 58 but im not paying there when its supposed to be 30 at the most

Where do you live UK? Maybe it is named different there, do you see any tuniq's?

Ya, 58, or 86 US Dollars is alot for that. It is About 50 US I think here. These are the Tuniq's I was talking about, both the same Minus the LED on one >>>
    Newegg.com - TUNIQ, CPU Fans & Heatsinks, Fans & Heatsinks, Computer Hardware

This Xigmatek model is a great cooler if it will fit in your case which it looks to me like it would as the case is 8.3 Inches wide (210mm), and the cooler is 6.25 Inches tall (159mm)
    Newegg.com - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Case & Cooler Measurements >>
    Newegg.com - NZXT TEMPEST Crafted Series CS-NT-TEM-B Black Steel &#47; Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

XIGMATEK

what one is better out of all of them as i have found the Tuniq but its preorder so dont know when i will get it

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information