Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP45 DS3 monitor problem

Default EP45 DS3 monitor problem

Hello,

Something strange happening with a PC a build for a mate.
    I installed OS and all the other software without any problem @ my home.
    I didn't had any problem at all.
    When i took the PC to my mates home it was all ok until we had to reboot after a update. Windows XP home SP3 shut down like it should doing PC restarts until it get to the logo screen from Gigabyte.
    Then the computer restarts and keep doing this. It don't gets to the windows laoding screen.
    When i pull the powercable from the psu and reconnect it the PC start up without any problem until we shut down or restarts windows.

I though it would be a bad PSU or Mobo and took it back to my place.

Strange thing is when i got home and turns on the PC it all runs good and don't get the restarting problems after shut down windows or restarting windows.

The only difference is the monitor i useing a AOC CRT monitor and my friends monitor is a older CRT monitor from Olivetti, but his old PC is running good with his Olivetti monitor.

What can be the problem here plz?

Specs of his new computer:

CPU Intel E8400
    MOBO Gigabyte EP45 DS3
    MEM 2 x 1GB APACER PC6400
    VGA GF9500GT
    PSU 460W
    HHD 160GB SEAGATE SATA300
    OS WINDOWS XP HOME SP3

Thanks in advance :)
    Last edited by johanpattyn; 09-22-2008 at 03:17 AM.

Default Re: EP45 DS3 monitor problem

I find it unlikely it's got anything to do with the difference in monitors and after reading through your post, this suggests that something major has changed...

When i took the PC to my mates home it was all ok until we had to reboot after a update. Windows XP home SP3 shut down like it should doing PC restarts until it get to the logo screen from Gigabyte.
    Was the update to XP SP3 by any chance?

It might be that something that has updated is "the straw that broke the camel's back", ie pretty insignificant on it's own, but enough to push a Un-optimized PC over the edge...

I suggest you look ay LsdMeASAP's guides at the top of the first page and setup the bios to the most stable settings. Please check the link out below:-

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/memo...vs-bios-27283/

Had you tried memtest before you installed the OS?

edit:- after re-reading (again) :-) did you use a DVI to VGA adapter and/or a different one at your mates house?
    Last edited by VorLonUK; 09-22-2008 at 06:49 AM.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45 DS3 monitor problem

He could have Bad electrical interference at his house, or bad wiring.

I guess the only way to know FOR SURE if it is the monitor (Which I also would not imagine) would be to take yours to his house and see if all is well

Thread Information