Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: GA-EP45-DS3L + Mushkin 4GB 800+mhz 2x 2GB OK or not?




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default GA-EP45-DS3L + Mushkin 4GB 800+mhz 2x 2GB OK or not?

    Hello,

    My question is: Is Mushkin 4GB 800+mhz 2x 2G compatible with EP45-DS3L?

    Because i have now 4 x 1 GB Corsair dominator PC8500 @ 1066, but it causes problem. That after 1 hour during gaming, the computer freezes. And than i need to put a hard reset.

    Specs:

    EP45-DS3L
    4 x 1GB Corsair Dominator PC8500(at this moment, its causing problems.)
    Q9550
    Ati HD4870

    Kind Regards,

  2. #2
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L + Mushkin 4GB 800+mhz 2x 2GB OK or not?

    FOR SURE!!!


    My TOP Suggested Brand Any model will work fine! But you MAY have issues with the eVCI heatsink models due to GA slots being so close. I would suggest XP (Black - Best) or HP (Blue - Midrange) models with the normal Frostbyte Heatsinks. The silver ones are their budget models

    As for your ram now, do you have good settings or everything on Auto? Do you want help with it, or are you just going to get some Mushkins (Which I would suggest)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L + Mushkin 4GB 800+mhz 2x 2GB OK or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    FOR SURE!!!



    My TOP Suggested Brand Any model will work fine! But you MAY have issues with the eVCI heatsink models due to GA slots being so close. I would suggest XP (Black - Best) or HP (Blue - Midrange) models with the normal Frostbyte Heatsinks. The silver ones are their budget models

    As for your ram now, do you have good settings or everything on Auto? Do you want help with it, or are you just going to get some Mushkins (Which I would suggest)
    Can you explain the marked line for me again, my english is not that good. But i understand that the heatsinks are causing problems, are not fitting with the motherboard?

    But i have the Corsair Dominator @1066(stock) and 2.1 V and 5-5-5-15 timings.

    But i prefer the mushkins, they are cheap(70 euros) and it is 2 x 2GB. And the corsair are 4 x 1GB.

    Kind Regards,

  4. #4
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L + Mushkin 4GB 800+mhz 2x 2GB OK or not?

    Ahh sorry.

    First for TOP, I mean that is my BEST suggested brand, or favorite brand for Gigabyte, works the best I think.

    For the rest I mean you may not want to buy the mushkin models with eVCI heatsinks, they may not fit.

    The other ones are for sure fine

    Here is images of what I mean incase you are still not sure >>>

    These heatsink types are ok FOR SURE (Normal Heatsink -Frostbyte Type heatsink - WILL Fit) >>>



    This type of heatsink may or may not fit properly (eVCI type heatsink - May not fit)>>>



    See the difference in heatsink, that is what I mean, the eVCI type is wider

    If you want to link me to which you are thinking of buying I can tell you for sure if they are ok to buy

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L + Mushkin 4GB 800+mhz 2x 2GB OK or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh sorry.

    First for TOP, I mean that is my BEST suggested brand, or favorite brand for Gigabyte, works the best I think.

    For the rest I mean you may not want to buy the mushkin models with eVCI heatsinks, they may not fit.

    The other ones are for sure fine

    Here is images of what I mean incase you are still not sure >>>

    These heatsink types are ok FOR SURE (Normal Heatsink -Frostbyte Type heatsink - WILL Fit) >>>



    This type of heatsink may or may not fit properly (eVCI type heatsink - May not fit)>>>



    See the difference in heatsink, that is what I mean, the eVCI type is wider

    If you want to link me to which you are thinking of buying I can tell you for sure if they are ok to buy

    Yes thank you very much for the help, i really appreciate it, I understand. Yeah i hear good things about mushkin and its not that expensive. And about the heatsinks, if i put one 2GB module in the first slot and one 2GB module in the 3rd slot for dual channel. It wil fit? Because there is a big space between the modules.

  6. #6
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L + Mushkin 4GB 800+mhz 2x 2GB OK or not?

    That is nice to hear! Ya, I love them and Always recommend them. Nice to hear you can get them where you live. Most of the time I hear users cannot buy them at alot of countries, or if they can they are VERY Expensive


    Ya, I just mentioned that incase you ever planned to get 8GB. Ya you can use either type heatsink with only 2 sticks in dual channel

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L + Mushkin 4GB 800+mhz 2x 2GB OK or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    That is nice to hear! Ya, I love them and Always recommend them. Nice to hear you can get them where you live. Most of the time I hear users cannot buy them at alot of countries, or if they can they are VERY Expensive


    Ya, I just mentioned that incase you ever planned to get 8GB. Ya you can use either type heatsink with only 2 sticks in dual channel
    Yes, I live in holland and they are available here. deliverytime is 1-3 days. So that is very fast. But im happy that you can help me. I appreciate your knowledge to help me. No just 4GB(2 x 2GB) Its enough for now.

    But do you know if there are more problems with corsair dominator PC8500?

    thank you very much!!

    Kind regards,

  8. #8
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L + Mushkin 4GB 800+mhz 2x 2GB OK or not?

    Ahh well nice to see you can get them

    If you need help getting your working I can likely help you if you want. 4x1 Needs some manual settings, if you want help with them instead of buying new let me know maybe we can get you stable. but yes 2x2 will be easier on your board and you, and Mushkins will run much smoother.

    You will have to manually set some things as well for 2x2GB in the BIOS, AUTO will not work the best
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008 at 03:08 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L + Mushkin 4GB 800+mhz 2x 2GB OK or not?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh well nice to see you can get them


    If you need help getting your working I can likely help you if you want. 4x1 Needs some manual settings, if you want help with them instead of buying new let me know maybe we can get you stable. but yes 2x2 will be easier on your board and you, and Mushkins will run much smoother.

    You will have to manually set some things as well for 2x2GB in the BIOS, AUTO will not work the best
    Yeah thats why, because i read before about memory on this forum. And i see always people complaining about OCZ, Corsair and Kingston etc. But the corsair dominators were very expensive, so i have to sell them now or keep them as reserve. 2 x 2GB is better also for the memory controller, thats what i heard?

    But you can advise me mushkin over corsair dominator?
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008 at 03:09 PM.

  10. #10
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GA-EP45-DS3L + Mushkin 4GB 800+mhz 2x 2GB OK or not?

    Yeah 2x2 is better for the Northbridge. I would sell those or keep as backup

    Blue or Black Mushkins that is

    Dominator's I think are VERY Overpriced. They charge you $30 just for the added fan, plus you pay ALOT more if you buy 4x1 instead of 2 sets of 2x1
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-01-2008 at 03:09 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •