Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: GA-MA78GM-DS2H HDMI and SPDIF simultaneous

Default GA-MA78GM-DS2H HDMI and SPDIF simultaneous

Hello everyone,
    I am building a HTPC and although i was about to buy a Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-DS2H I have second thoughts about the sound.
    To be more specific, what I want to do with my HTPC:
    1. Connect to my LCD (Samsung 37 A656) with an HDMI cable (both sound and video)
    2. Connect to a mini Hi-Fi (with SPDIF input) that I have with the SPDIF (just sound)
    3, I want them both to play sound at the same time, so I can choose whether i want to listen just from my LVD TV (when I want to watch TV), listen to my pc music from my mini Hi-Fi with the TV turned off, and watch movies with sound from both the TV and the mini Hi-Fi. I don't want to have to remove any cable in the process or have to go through control panel to activate or deactivate anything.
    Is this possible with the GA-MA78GM-DS2H? Has anyone done it with such a motherboard or with some other solution (sound card for example)?

OS is gonna be Windows XP or Vista, both in Media Center Editions

Thank you in advance

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-MA78GM-DS2H HDMI and SPDIF simultaneous

Sounds very simple to me, if one was turned on it would have the sound coming out of it. And the one off would have no sound. Not sure about both at once, but that may work

Sorry I cannot give you a answer that is direct or for sure, and I assume what I said you already assumed... So sorry I think you will either just have to test this out or Contact Gigabyte Support Directly and ask and wait for a reply >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Technical Service Zone

Good luck with this, maybe some user will chime in, but just incase not please do email tech support about this.

Default Re: GA-MA78GM-DS2H HDMI and SPDIF simultaneous

Thank you Lsdmeasap

If anynone has tried it, please let me know.

Thread Information