Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem with my GA-EP35C-DS3R some

Default Re: Problem with my GA-EP35C-DS3R some

Quote Originally Posted by VorLonUK View Post
    Without going too mad on voltage adjustment, did you try say relaxing the main memory settings to say 5-5-5-15 or even further to 5-5-5-18 just so you have a stability reference?
    No I have not relaxed the memory settings, I will try setting them at 5-5-5-18 tonight and let you know what happens.
    Last edited by w00dy; 09-24-2008 at 04:20 PM.

I have done a temporary swap with a friend who is having problems with his memory. So now I have 2GB of Crucial Ballistix 1066MHz and it seems to be running ok, I even managed a small OC of the CPU to 3GHz which would never even post at 3GHz with the Corsair, never mind load Windows.

Before I installed the crucial ram I reset the bios and have left every thing set to auto, the mobo detected the ram ok and it's running at 1066MHz. The only thing I have changed is the CPU host frequency to 353 so the CPU runs at 3GHz.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    So now I will leave the Crucial memory in the PC for a week or so and see if I have any problems or reboots like I did with Corisar ram. If I donít then I will sell my corsair ram and I was thinking of getting some GeIL Black Dragon, not sure which to get yet the 800MHz or 1066MHz.

Unhappy Re: Problem with my GA-EP35C-DS3R some

I'm having the same problem with an MSI board that's had me pulling my hair out. I have a MSI P43-Neo and bought this ram last week. These are the specs on my computer, which I just built last month.
    MSI-P43 Motherboard
    Intel Core Duo E8400
    Corsair XMS2 Ram (8 Gigs)
    2 300 Gig Maxtor Sata HD
    1 TB Seagate Sata HD
    No Raid

I previously was running Crucial Ballistix Memory 1066 mhz 4 Gigs.
    From the time I put this memory in my computer will not post. If you clear CMOS it will post and boot, and if you restart it will post and boot. Once it is shut down completely it will not reboot again, even though everything is running. I've tried everything I can change in the BIOS and nothing works. I don't overclock anything and I've probably built 10-12 computers before with no problems. I have tried another power supply, Antec 500w, another video card PCIE, another motherboard that I had, changed batteries, and tried every combination of this RAM from 1 stick to 4 sticks. Corsair claims it's a motherboard issue, but their website shows this RAM as compatible or I never would have bought it. I've spent a full day messing with this thing and am planning on calling Corsair today and RMAing this back to them and get them to send me something that will work. By the way, if I stick the Crucial back in the computer boots fine. I tried contacting MSI 2 days ago but have no response. It sounds like you have the same problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchicken View Post
    I'm having the same problem with an MSI board that's had me pulling my hair out. I have a MSI P43-Neo and bought this ram last week. These are the specs on my computer, which I just built last month.
    MSI-P43 Motherboard
    Intel Core Duo E8400
    Corsair XMS2 Ram (8 Gigs)
    2 300 Gig Maxtor Sata HD
    1 TB Seagate Sata HD
    No Raid

I previously was running Crucial Ballistix Memory 1066 mhz 4 Gigs.
    From the time I put this memory in my computer will not post. If you clear CMOS it will post and boot, and if you restart it will post and boot. Once it is shut down completely it will not reboot again, even though everything is running. I've tried everything I can change in the BIOS and nothing works. I don't overclock anything and I've probably built 10-12 computers before with no problems. I have tried another power supply, Antec 500w, another video card PCIE, another motherboard that I had, changed batteries, and tried every combination of this RAM from 1 stick to 4 sticks. Corsair claims it's a motherboard issue, but their website shows this RAM as compatible or I never would have bought it. I've spent a full day messing with this thing and am planning on calling Corsair today and RMAing this back to them and get them to send me something that will work. By the way, if I stick the Crucial back in the computer boots fine. I tried contacting MSI 2 days ago but have no response. It sounds like you have the same problem.
    You really need to setup some safe defaults, ie relaxed timings so that you can find a base working configuration.

Setup the optimized defaults in the bios, reboot, then make sure you set Performance Enhance to Standard and make sure you set tRFC to at least 54. Try this first without altering anything else.

Then after testing the above suggestion with memtest etc and if problems still occur, start looking to change the settings to the ones suggested in this guide:-
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/memo...vs-bios-27283/

But only do one at a time and test, starting with relaxing your timings to say 5-5-5-18 and testing. If still no go, increment the DDR voltage by 0.1 volts at a time, but go no further than 0.3v.
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    So woody you all set now with that Crucial?

Yes the Crucial memory seems to be running fine, even when I shut the PC down and restart it again their is no problem rebooting, I will see how it go's over the next week.

<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5Cijw1%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsoht ml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Lsdmeasap I have read on a few of your posts you recommend GeIL, G.Skill and a brand beginning with M can not remember the name. I have read good things about the GeIL Black Dragon, not sure which to get yet the 800MHz or 1066MHz. also Is their any specific GeIL memory you would recommend and what do you think of the Black Dragon ram?<o:p></o:p>

I am not sure about Geil, which are the better ones I mean.

My suggestions for GA-P35 are (In Order) >>>

Mushkin (XP-Black Best, HP-Blue Midrange) I use Blue, but am saving to get some Black 996580's

G.Skill (Ending in K)

Geil (I think the Evdo and Black dragons are the better ones of all of the Geil though)

800 or 1066 is up to you and where you think you will run your CPU really, just keep in mind 1066 is 800 really just with looser timings. So "Most" 1066 @ 555-15 will do 444-12 @ 800, and same goes for the reverse being as most 800 @ 444-12 will do 1000/1066 at 555-15/18

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    800 or 1066 is up to you and where you think you will run your CPU really, just keep in mind 1066 is 800 really just with looser timings. So "Most" 1066 @ 555-15 will do 444-12 @ 800, and same goes for the reverse being as most 800 @ 444-12 will do 1000/1066 at 555-15/18
    Thanks for all your help Lsdmeasap It’s much appreciated and for the tip on 1066 ram. I think I will save my self some money and get the 800 ;)

Here's a link for the ram I was thinking of getting

Bad news, it's started doing random reboots again :(

I have sold my corsair ram and bought some GeIL black dragon evo one like I said I would. It's been fine for a week and all of a sudden it's started doing random reboots again.

I'm beginning to think it's a faulty motherboard.
    Last edited by w00dy; 10-18-2008 at 12:37 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information