Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ga-ep45-ds3r vdroop mod worked!!!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Ga-ep45-ds3r vdroop mod worked!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    What a waste of cash >>> QXxxx <<< NO Offense meant
    Trust me after I brought this I said the same thing however the type of work that I do and make about 85% of my money requires me to build my programs (C# , C++ / C , Visual Basic , Visual Basic .Net). Whoever said chess isn't an expense game . Most of the systems I have brought in past were all OC before recieving them. But yeah on the EP45-DS3R I am not doing 3.6GHz at 1.352v. Been running Prime95 for past 23 hours now so will end within next hour or so. I did finally get my memory (Crucial Ballistix DDR2 2 GB Kit) to 1134/567 a using MCH Frequency Latch 333. A few test at higher and system wouldn't start or would get to memtest and it would freeze however I did get into memtest once using I think 1356 and you should have seen the errors that came.

Qxxx0 is the same as Qx00, only you can use a 30 or a 2 multi and so on, who needs that?

The $800 less CPU will run the exact same speeds and voltages, nothing special but a unlocked multi on a Extreme CPU. And you will likely use the same one you would get on a normal one anyway. Maybe one more then you could get depending, but for sure not worth 100's of $$

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Qxxx0 is the same as Qx00, only you can use a 30 or a 2 multi and so on, who needs that?

The $800 less CPU will run the exact same speeds and voltages, nothing special but a unlocked multi on a Extreme CPU. And you will likely use the same one you would get on a normal one anyway. Maybe one more then you could get depending, but for sure not worth 100's of $$
    ??

From the guys on Overclocker forum who pretty much have this processor and others ones they say that this processor is like the best of the best! Have you ever owned one? One of my buddies in South America brought his about 5 months ago and from what he says he will never switch from anything other! So I guess we can relate this processor to a lamborghini? People buy these high price cars for, yes this car might be able to be driven like a regular cheaper car that cost about 25-30 thousand however your not buying it because of that you buy it because of the potential it has, the speed ect...

Well know I will like to thank all on Gigabyte forum for answering many of my question. Starting monday I will be putting together my new rig. And retiring this one. Thanks guys.

Yes I have had a few, they are exactly the same as the ones without x in the name except for you have a unlocked multi. Which again wont matter much unless you need to use 20 or 2 for some strange reasons

They are exact CPU's with a larger fan is all, and a unlocked multiplier

Ok i'm with EP45-DS3P mobo and i thought this mod for EP45-DS3R will work on it too because they are almost identical.

Difference is that in the area around the ISL6336 chip (on the side of pins 16 and 17) the resistors and/or capacitors are made in a little different way.

Here is on EP45-DS3R:
    http://pic.xfastest.com/hicookie/Gig...roopingmod.jpg

and here is for EP45-DS3P:
    http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/7...90606edmu3.jpg

Now if i solder a resistor between pins #16 and #17 like Shauntx did will it fix my rly big vdrop too?

P.S. He soldered 1k ohm resistor - what will be the difference if a 2k or 0.5k ohm resistor is soldered?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information