Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LSD, a little GA-EP45C-DS3R overclocking help?

Default Re: LSD, a little GA-EP45C-DS3R overclocking help?

OK I'll go back to manually setting the ram. Would it work better if I set one at a time and then reboot, or would it be just as good to do them all at once? Also it still looks like cpu vcore will have to be the last thing I set if I'm going to get anywhere...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Set MCH latch, then reboot, then set tRD And reboot. If your tRD is set Low, like 6 or 7, and you are switching to 400 MCH Latch then raise tRD to 8-9 FIRST. tRD is Static tRead Value, just incase you were not sure

Then you can either set the rest all high, or one at a time.

Over 400 FSB use 400 MCH latch, under use 333.

Set tWR and tWTR very high at first, maybe 12 and 14

And then if you still get no where please post your full settings you tried and I will see if I can help you find out why

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Set MCH latch, then reboot, then set tRD And reboot. If your tRD is set Low, like 6 or 7, and you are switching to 400 MCH Latch then raise tRD to 8-9 FIRST. tRD is Static tRead Value, just incase you were not sure

Then you can either set the rest all high, or one at a time.

Over 400 FSB use 400 MCH latch, under use 333.

Set tWR and tWTR very high at first, maybe 12 and 14

And then if you still get no where please post your full settings you tried and I will see if I can help you find out why
    Just read this so i havn't had a chance to use it yet. did try some other stuff since my last post though.

I manually set my RAM to 5-5-5-15 (another user with the same sticks mentioned needing to do that to oc) hasn't really helped yet lol.I also enabled No-Execute Memory Protect under advanced settings and CPU Clock Skew (ps) to 100 and MCH Clock Skew (ps) to 200 under Advanced Clock Control. I can still post and boot with those now. I also found that I can boot into windows with my Vcore set higher (tried 1.35 in bios which is about 1.31v according to HWmonitor in windows) if my FSB is stock, but it seems I simply can't do both at the same time (as before I can lower the voltage to 1.2v and get into windows with a FSB of 402 but it isn't stable). Not sure if that helps at all but I figured I'd share my new findings anyway. Seems to me you are fairly certain that the problem lies with the advanced RAM timings and making sure I adjust things just so in the proper order, is that correct?

This thing is killing me I hope we get somewhere soon.

Ya, I think proper timings in the right order will help.

What did you mean by this exactly? >>>
    I also found that I can boot into windows with my Vcore set higher (tried 1.35 in bios which is about 1.31v according to HWmonitor in windows) if my FSB is stock, but it seems I simply can't do both at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ya, I think proper timings in the right order will help.

What did you mean by this exactly? >>>
    I have been running a mild OC all along, with 333 FSB and cpu vcore 1.20V. This is perfectly stable as far as I can tell, so is generally the point I start from when making adjustments. Also all along I have not even been able to post, regardless of other settings that I had tried until last night, with a higher CPU Vcore. Last night I fiddled around some and set my FSB back to the stock 266 and and was finally able to post and boot into windows with a higher cpu Vcore value of 1.35 in the bios. Once I had booted into windows I verified the the higher Vcore had been set by using the program HWmonitor, which showed that windows saw my Vcore as 1.31V (due to "vdrop"). I was kind of excited until I rebooted to raise FSB again and found that I still could not post with a high FSB (over 266) and a Vcore over around 1.2v at the same time.

Sounds like you need to adjust some other things as well. Please also use CPU-z for actual voltage values. HWMonitor may be right, but I recently was testing some voltages with this for someone else and we noticed that MANY of the values were off in P45.

So, please post for the the highest set of settings (Full list of settings please) that you have got to boot and I will advise.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information