Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: X48-DQ6 fan headers info repost request...

Default Re: X48-DQ6 fan headers info repost request...

The Caterhams also, like the Midtec, represent the 'old British tradition' of sports-car ownership: rain leaking in around the side-curtains, and, if you're really a masochist, you can use some old Lucas electrics, and drive around with a flashlight, two clip-jumper wires, and a slew of fuses, for when the inexolerable electrical problem crops up during any journey longer than six miles.

Had a lively time getting the thing built. Reminded me of an old (think it was Mark Twain) quote I once read: "The two things seperating Great Bitain and the United States are the Atlantic ocean and the English language."
    Boots, bonnets, didn't know WHAT was going on... At one point, a manufacturer of engine/transmission adapter plates and I tried to figure out what the 'bobbin' listed with an old part was - never DID figure out what was meant...

His secretary (fairly young) had just a darling English accent, and I used to tease her about being taken with her, but I told her "don't take this seriously, I'm only flirting: I have underwear that've been dustrags longer than you've been alive!"

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by bilbat View Post
    The Caterhams also, like the Midtec, represent the 'old British tradition' of sports-car ownership: rain leaking in around the side-curtains, and, if you're really a masochist, you can use some old Lucas electrics, and drive around with a flashlight, two clip-jumper wires, and a slew of fuses, for when the inexolerable electrical problem crops up during any journey longer than six miles.

Had a lively time getting the thing built. Reminded me of an old (think it was Mark Twain) quote I once read: "The two things seperating Great Bitain and the United States are the Atlantic ocean and the English language."
    Boots, bonnets, didn't know WHAT was going on... At one point, a manufacturer of engine/transmission adapter plates and I tried to figure out what the 'bobbin' listed with an old part was - never DID figure out what was meant...

His secretary (fairly young) had just a darling English accent, and I used to tease her about being taken with her, but I told her "don't take this seriously, I'm only flirting: I have underwear that've been dustrags longer than you've been alive!"

Bill
    I think the bit about the English language is very true :-)

As for "bobbin", if I've read that right i could mean a "pulley". Also cotton would be on a "bobbin" say for a sewing machine feed. So i suppose a bobbin could be a part of a tensioner on a cam belt etc....
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Yeah, here, the only common usage of bobbin is for sewing: it's the little metal spool that comes with the sewing machine, and holds the thread (when utilized) for the back-stitching; so when you change colors, the first thing you do is load your spool of thread onto a little gizmo that winds it onto the empty bobbin.

However, this was part of an assembly that went between the transaxle and the engine, and, of course, we couldn't find a drawing! Don't know what a pulley would be doing in there - thought it might be the throw-out bearing, but, no joy: you appear to translate 'throw-out bearing' as 'throw-out bearing'...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information