Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sistem Overclock

Default Re: Sistem Overclock

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

ICH I/O Should be 1.55. I think that article (I Saw it online as well) and maybe some translations are getting you confused. Ram Voltage is not I/O, I hope you understand that

Ram, yes 2.1 would be better then 2.2, as 2.2 is not likely needed until you push way past 1066. Yes, pink is fine

All that in Auto is why you are still getting 800Mhz, what does CPU-z show you in the memory tab like image below (You should see 533 for 1066)? >>>>

Maybe you are looking at the wrong thing in everest and sandra? 1066 ram is 800MHz really, and I think you may be looking at the SPD information not the actual speed it is running at.

Here is exactly where in everest you need to look to see actual speeds your ram is running >>>>

Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-28-2008 at 12:59 PM.

Well, onestly it also confused me the big table you've given in the first post and didn't really knew if that is for overclocking or only for the frequency changing to 1066. So i've made some changes there and the sistem became unstable. ( i know what most of them do, i'm not really a beginer, i use pc's since 10 years ago ) But it's the first time when using 1066 rams and was expecting bios will auto configure them having the fact that i have a brand new gigabye mb (EP45-DS3). The weird thing now is that i have loaded back the optimal settings and cpu-z is showing some funny things like the FSB:DRAM = 2:3. Wasn't it supposed to be 1:1? And also it shows 400 mhz like ddr 1. The bad part is that i'm using program like everest ultimate but as i see is from 2005 but also sisoft sandra 2009 and i except one of them will show corectly in the end. I had some problems with my internet and previous posts but now i hope i can atach good pictures regarding my bios settings.

Loading the optimal , all i have to do is change ddram voltage to 2,1 and the sistem multiplier to 4.00 so it will become 800 1066 there. In rest, the trfs is already set to 4-50 value and most of the auto is as i would set it. I made only these settings and when testing it with cpu-z at memory the values would become 5-7-7-23 wich is very weird.

I will atach a pictures regarding my current cpu-z ( this is my load optimal settings from bios ) so it's like set to 800 mhz.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdFireMGD View Post
    Loading the optimal , all i have to do is change ddram voltage to 2,1 and the sistem multiplier to 4.00 so it will become 800 1066 there. In rest, the trfs is already set to 4-50 value and most of the auto is as i would set it. I made only these settings and when testing it with cpu-z at memory the values would become 5-7-7-23 wich is very weird.
    That's not weird at all. You will find that in some reviews even in the ones that praise Gigabyte auto settings. The board on auto is automatically loosening timings. Nothing wrong with that.

The bios on auto loosens timings or is more conservative so there is a better possibility of the system booting and running reliably.
    Last edited by Merman; 09-28-2008 at 07:09 PM.

You will need at least this set to run 1066, plus your ram voltage >>>>

CPU Host Frequency (Mhz) ............: 266Mhz
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz) .........:Set to 100

DRAM Performance Control
    Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: Disabled
    (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: [266] << 333 may work better with your ram
    System Memory Multiplier ..............: 4.00 <<< This is what makes your ram run at 1066 (FSB X Memory Multiplier = Ram Freq ) So 266 x 4.00=1066

Memory Frequency (Mhz) ..............: 1066

Right now In your CPU-z Image you can see 2:3 because you are not running 1:1, Nor are you running 1066 ram speed you are running 800Mhz Ram with the 3.00 Multiplier

To get 1:1 you would need FSB of 533, which means you would have to use your lowest CPU multiplier and a overclock for sure

Ok, i've made the following settings ( plus voltage to 2,1 )

Cpu-Z shown this time 2:3, 527 mhz and 5-7-7-24 but i ran memory test and the sistem just freezed. I've restarted it and by the time my tray bar was loading i've seen the famous blue screen. Restarted the pc again and this time everything seemed well. I've decided to try a game ( Assassins Creed ) and in it when starting to load i've seen again the blue screen and this time the speaker was also bip-ing and started to write in the down of the page "begging memory dump" etc

So..something isn't for sure ok, could the (G)MCH Frequency Latchchanging of 333 mhz to 266 fix it?

Sounds like that failed. You have a image of 5:6 And not 2:3 so when you go back into MIT do you see a red box warning you that the overclock failed?

Na, you should use 333 or 400 MCH latch for 1066 speed. Go in Advanced clock control there and set Driving Strength profile to 1066 and try again. Auto on all that is going to fail always with partial things set, try to manually set it all

Well after my second blue screen i've restarted and went straight to bios to load back the "optimal settings". No red box there. I'm now going to try it all over again.

Pff, no succes even this time, after my windows loaded i've checked cpu-z and it showed ok and after i've given a test in MemTest. Took 5 seconds to get the blue screen again.

Settings + DDram voltage to 2.1

Other...ideas? I know i've left some "auto" but i didn't knew the right values.

Try memory multi 4.00C or 4.00D Or I mean MCH Latch 400 so you can use C or D

And you Need to manually set Static Tread to 8 or so for each channel, and please try 800 and 1066 driving strength profiles

And you may need to first use higher values for twr and twtr then lower later. >>>

tWtr __________8
    twr__________ 12

Also, try not to ever change memory multipliers and Other settings at the same time. So when changing from 4.00B to 4.00C please make that change only, and reboot back to the BIOS to change other values. Same applies with trd (Static tRead Values)

Have you tried with any MCH Skew? Maybe try 100 or 200, and maybe set MCH to 1.14 for stability

I know, there is MANY options in the BIOS. I wish I could be there to get you going, or at least do it from here like I could assist you in windows, but just cant happen.

Keep at it, you will get it. I would suggest you go and set all the voltages manually like the reference voltages and such. Set them to the spec you see, or just above for good measure for now. Then try doing the ram changes all one at a time with a reboot back to BIOS between each

Set this a bit up for good measure as well for now to see if it helps you any >>>
    CPU Termination…..... 1.200V*.......: <<< 1.3 or so
    CPU PLL…………………....1.500V*.......: <<<1.54

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information