Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R oc attempt

Default Re: Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R oc attempt

cool thx for the tip.i will try updating the bios as u said and read that thread to avoid any potential problems.
    have never updated bios before , hope everything goes fine lol

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Good luck, it is easy! Just please follow one of those methods and you will be fine

hm ok dont wanna spam with stupid questions but sry i have to ;/
    so i wanna update my bios using a flash drive[actually on ur guide ur reffering to 4 ways of doing it.but u only explain bootable flash drive and not the method with a non bootable flash drive]

i found out my mobos revision which is 2.1 i downloaded the f3 bios version[u suggested f4a but those are also beta,so i opted for a non beta one]
    i extracted the bios and gave me 3 files.:
    1 and autoexec
    2 ep3cds3r.f3
    3 FLASHSPI

from what i understood i only put the flashspi and ep3cds3r.f3 files in my flash drive.
    than go to bios[i got that option enabled in integraded peripherals,] press f8 to go into qflash,select my drive and flash them bios
    than it reboots, i go to bios and not windows so i load fail safe defaults.thast it?

btw i dont need to format my flash drive or anything right?thats just for making a bootable drive only ye?

sry just kinda "scared" i have read too many stories of bios flashing going WTF wrong and that why i have never flashed so far in my life before and that why i kinda need a fail/safe confirmation before proceeding :o

ty so much
    Last edited by Adial; 09-30-2008 at 10:47 PM.

No problem! It is better to ask then not...

It is there, under "Getting the actual file" and "Flashing with Qflash". I even put a image of a normal USB stick being used. The last part with the Bootable USB is for those who have issues with trying a USB normally.

All you need is the ep3cds3r.f3 file on your USB stick, then go into the BIOS and Enable Legacy USB storge Detect if you have it disabled. Then enter Qflash using the End Key at boot, or F8 from the MAIN BIOS page. Then find the File and flash away.

You will be fine, and no you do not have to format your USB if it is already FAT32/16/12 which it likely is. Sometimes larger ones do have to be reformatted to get them to work but not often.

Do not shut off your PC while it is working and you will be fine, it only takes about 1 minute. It will show you a checksum value after you select the BIOS file, click enter and it will flash it.

For your convenience here is the same info from the guide, Edited for USB and Qflash only with files already extracted >>>

Getting the actual BIOS file

You already have the file/files extracted so....... >>>>>

Put the .Fxx file only onto a FAT32/16/12 USB drive, or in your FAT32/16/12 partition and enter Qflash.

Flashing with a Floppy Disk from DOS

Flashing With Qflash

To Get into Qflash Select "END" at bootup, or F8 Within the BIOS to enter Qflash.

To use USB in Qflash you need "Legacy USB Storage Detect" Enabled in the Integrated Peripherals Page of the BIOS. You also need to leave the USB drive plugged in when you reboot to Qflash.

Once inside Qflash you will be presented with Floppy, or Drives/Disks, or HDD's options depending on what you have available, look thru each until you find your BIOS file and then flash it.

*NOTE*
    Once you have flashed and rebooted back into the BIOS choose Load Optimized defaults and save and apply. This is a required step for the flash process to complete, and for the new BIOS to be properly loaded into the chip.

Then reboot Back into the BIOS again before you go into windows. You will need to set your hard drive settings again in the Advanced BIOS page. MOST IMPORTANTLY do not try to load Windows if you are using a RAID setup without setting these disk settings again or you will corrupt your RAID Array.

Please do not skip the above steps and try to load windows, this is for anyone who is reading this who is using RAID, which alot of us do.

ok i flashed successfuly [so far it seems so at least lol ;p]

i will now try ur settings and try to do some tweaking so i post as less as possible so i dont bust ur @@ that much

ty so much LSD for helping my n00b ass!

Be sure to first load optimized defaults then save and apply for the Flash to be properlly done. If you use RAID re-read the above comments about this

Good luck with your tweaking!!! And no problems man, everyone needs to learn sometime and it is always best to ask if you are unsure.

See you later tonight, I am about to get outta here

So, i am back again! and with the weirdest news lol..after numerous attempts my OC just didnt get saved and couldnt boot into windows.
    I noticed that when applying the setting and saving to BIOS and exiting to boot into windows,my My Book[external HDD by WD] started spinning in a weird and noisy way..and than the PC just rebooted back to the default BIOS settings
    This is weird but yes...when i unplugged the external HDDi booted normally into windows lol..
    Now i got a mild OC at 2.8 with just fsb at 360 and a ratio of 2[my memory is downclocked a bit but what the heck]
    Run prime95 for a couple of hours and had no problems and coretemp and real temp showed temps up to 55max.although everest ultimate edition showed temps up to 59-60.dont know which 1 to believe.
    But overall the point is that i found out the wierd cause of this problem! :D

Just poped here basically to thank u lsdmeasap.i now have some basic knowledge about OC and its all thanks to u man!
    Really appreciate ur work and keep it up,helping noobs like me!:)
    Cheers

Nice to see you found that out. Ya, once you are done flashing you can disable Legacy USB Storage detect and then you should be able to leave that plugged in. Maybe not though, some USB Externals always cause issues. Others are fine with it disabled.

Use 2.4 for your ram multi, or up that FSB a bit! You can always drop the CPU mutli so you can raise FSB as well, keep that in mind too

If you have the newest CoreTemp then it is correct. If you have the newest Everest you need to go in preferences, hardware monitoring and set TjMax to 100 and then the temps in everest and coretemp should match. RealTemp must be calibrated to your system >>>
    RealTemp Installation & Calibration Page

Thanks for the kind words, and glad to hear you are getting somewhere

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information