Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: P35 boards with S3 (sleep) issues. How many?

Default Re: P35 boards with S3 (sleep) issues. How many?

Quote Originally Posted by jgarland View Post
    negative. I have never overclocked my system. Your initial post did refer to problems with overclocked boards. My response should have reflected that. My apologies.
    Dear jgarland,

Not a problem. It's good (well, not that much) to know that the issue is pertinent to boards with stock clocks frequencies and voltages. Please stay tuned, let's see if we will be so lucky like the P45 owners!
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Then it is Most likely you have other ram timings or voltage setting issues causing instability or incompatible or dying ram

The S3 problem occurs only in overclocked stable systems which is why he asked the way he did.

If you would like some help with your settings please make a thread And I will be glad to have a look and advise you

Sorry Svcglobal, no word yet!

I may have asked to soon since my last inquiries and they don't want me to get used to coming to them too often with issues.

I even asked about the P45 S3 fix not being posted for my new board they sent me at the same time, no reply. P45-DS4 and DS4P have not got the fix posted yet, and I was the one asking...... What's up with that I say!!!
    Dear LSD,

I understand your position. No need to push too far, go easy with those guys since any R&D team is always under strong pressure, you know. I can imagine its list of priorities...
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, I dont plan to email again for another week or so. If I get a email or not between then and now I planned to email them anyway to give them links to the review of the board I plan to make out.

So I am waiting myself for a BIOS for DS4P and a few users have messaged me about DS4 as well. And a reply about P35C as well.

So if I do not get word by the time I make my review, I will ask again in the same email I send them with the review links

*EDIT*

Just got this from Colin >>>

Sorry about the late reply. I checked with the web team, and they said the updates for the other boards will go up this afternoon Taiwan time. I’m still checking on the P35C-DS3R and will let you know shortly.
    ^^ For Anyone Wondering ^^ "Other boards" Refers to the P45-DS4/DS4P which I asked about S3 BIOS fix

So they must have been busy, which I assumed anyway. Glad he did reply even if it was not with any news. So he is asking the BIOS engineer's about it and should let me know soon

Yes, seems that they are concerned.
    Remember that I own the EP35C-DS3R. Looks like the same hardware of the P35C but who knows for sure.
    This night I did a test of leaving the computer in S3 sleep mode, without any overclock setup, with plain clock and voltages and it resumed after 8hrs this morning perfectly.
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Glad you noted that, I did ask about P35C and not EP35C, I have sent him a notice of my error. So hopefully when he gets time He will let me know what is going on with them.

Ya, they all should work when not overclocked. Something In the overclock settings changes the USB5V+ voltage when you disable Auto on something I think. Not sure which Auto, but I do believe that is the cause of the issue. It may not be a Auto setting turned off but something changes the USB5V+ when you do overclock, but it should work at stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Something In the overclock settings changes the USB5V+ voltage when you disable Auto on something I think. Not sure which Auto, but I do believe that is the cause of the issue. It may not be a Auto setting turned off but something changes the USB5V+ when you do overclock, but it should work at stock.
    Thanks for the info, I will check this night, before closing office and when the computer will be off-duty.
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    Corsair CX750M

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information