Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Can someone confirm my power supply is up the creek?!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Can someone confirm my power supply is up the creek?!

Ahh well you could/should have the fan on the other side anyway so it Pulls air thru the cooler. Or you could always grind down a small part of the fan housing where it touches

And nope you can use 2 and 4 just as well and it will still run dual channel

problem is i've got another 120mm fan as the case exhaust on that side, so i need the fan where it is to keep a good push/pull air current moving.

i think i might be able to mount the cooler fan slightly further up the fin array toward the ends on the heatpipes, but it may foul one of my double side panel fans

hopefully populating slots 2+4 would do the trick, since there would be no performance difference - i always got it into my head somehow that 1+3 should be used in preference to 2+4

will get ordering on the ram and hopefully get it through tomorrow

Mushkin 4GB XP2-6400 X-Line Extreme Memory (2x2GB) - Aria Technology

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I would either use 2 and 4 or just use a dremmel and cut or grind off a small part of the bottom of the fan housing so it fits

2 and 4 may be milliseconds slower, but you for sure would not notice. Good pick, I am getting myself that exact set. Hope to order tomorrow, it is on sale here for $99 with a $20 rebate!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread Information