Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: S3 Sleep Problem With My P35 Board

Default Re: S3 Sleep Problem With My P35 Board

LSD, I can't complain the RESTART as an issue since the event is completed one way or other.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

OK, installed 2 sticks of RAM suggested by LSD (G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK) and still no luck. The problem persists. I will try a fresh install with nothing loaded except Vista SP1 and the video drivers. Will report back.
    GA-P35-DS4, E6850 C2D 3.0ghz, G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Radeon HD3870, 650W Blue psu, Vista Ultimate

OK, I did as follows:

..Wiped disk clean
    ..installed Vista SP1
    ..installed chipset, LAN, & Gigabyte SATA drivers from original Gigabyte CD
    ..installed video drivers from original Diamond CD
    ..made sure all settings in BIOS & power management are as Lsd instructed
    ..activated sleep mode
    SAME FREAKING PROBLEM!!!

I give up. This mobo has to be defective and it's too late to RMA. This is my first Gigabyte board and most likely my last.

Thanks to everyone, especially Lsdmeasap, for all of your help. It is appreciated.
    GA-P35-DS4, E6850 C2D 3.0ghz, G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK, Radeon HD3870, 650W Blue psu, Vista Ultimate

Please post what exact settings you are using, and how sleep fails for you and I will try to help. And please do keep in mind Sleep is not always faster then a startup (I know, just saying)

Hi Lsd and thanks for the offer of further help but if you read my posts you will see that I have set up my system the way you instructed, changed the ram, did a clean install, and tried every single settings tweak or change imagaineable - all to no avail. I think spending further time on a lost cause is useless.

Thanks again.

Not really, incorrect voltage or timings with any amount of ram can cause sleep failures, this also includes CPU voltages as well

Well I finally got S3 sleep to work as it is supposed to. I removed the Ga-P35-DS4 and installed an Asus P5Q-E. Did a fresh install of Vista SP1, installed the mobo & video drivers, Initaited "Sleep" and woke up from "Sleep" perfectly. No crashes, No hangs, just perfect. All items in BIOS were at factory defaults. Same RAM.

I know other folks were able to get sleep to work correctly with the same type Gigabyte board I had but I was never able to get it to. I remain convinced it was a defective board. It's a shame too. Althought the Asus board works fine I really liked the Gigabyte boards layout and options better.

Thanks again to all who tried to help and a special thanks to Lsdmeasap.

Well nice to hear you have a working system, sorry to hear you switched to the darkside

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information