Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: So Whats [Mushkin 4GB XP2-6400 X-Line Extreme Memory (2x2GB)] Capable of?

Default So Whats [Mushkin 4GB XP2-6400 X-Line Extreme Memory (2x2GB)] Capable of?

Quite excited, I've never bought brand/performance ram before.
    always looked at it like an exhaust or air filter in the car world - lots of companies making lots of money with swish names for little real world benefit

anyway, i've got my fsb around the 390-400 mark with a 9.5 multi E7200 @ 3.7-3.8

don't really want to push the cpu further because in my opinion the extra voltage + heat generated just isn't worth it...

so what do i aim for from a gaming point of view?

A.) keep the ram at 1:1 and just tighten down the timings as much as i can with it at 780 - 800mhz

B.) drop the cpu multiplier & raise the fsb with ram @ 1:1 to hopefully keep stock timings but run it higher freq - 800 - 850mhz

C.) keep multi at 9.5, but drop the fsb slightly so i can run a 2.4 divider and stock to loose timings

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: So Whats [Mushkin 4GB XP2-6400 X-Line Extreme Memory (2x2GB)] Capable of?

Which modules? Gotta link? If it is what I am thinking of they have the white heatspreaders right?

If so they are just special heatsinks is all, the model # is the same for the black version of the white heatsinked kind. Same chips special heatsink color is all

Ohh yeah, I already checked out those ones for you, Black and White ones are the same, model 996580

Those are great sticks, just ordered me a pair. I had some a while back but needed the cash and sold them. They will do Really good at stock, mine would run tighter timings at stock then the spec even

Default Re: So Whats [Mushkin 4GB XP2-6400 X-Line Extreme Memory (2x2GB)] Capable of?

Hey LSD,

Yep, as you rightly said, they're the modules you recomended yesterday:

Mushkin 4GB XP2-6400 X-Line Extreme Memory (2x2GB) - Aria Technology

glad you think so highly of them - seems silly to hold my system back with such cheap cas6 ram

hope you got a good price when you sold them - they seem to hold it well

so, should i go the 950mhz stock/loose timings, or 800mhz tight?!
    Last edited by dylan0451; 10-03-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, I got more then I paid for them then which was $130. Now they are on sale here for $99 plus $20 rebate and free shipping. So I just grabbed me a new set

You will just have to bench both and see which is better on your system, but likely the 950 I would say

thats not bad going! my experiences with these things seem to go the opposite way - I've already RMA'd an asrock 4core dual board, 2x1gb elixir ram for this build, and now i'm about to have 4gb ram spare...

guess i should just try not to be cheap in the first place really!

could you give me some ballpark timing/subtiming figures for stock as a starting ref?

Thread Information