Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gb boot screen utility?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gb boot screen utility?

I suggested to use @BIOS to save your BIOS to disk, not Facewizard.

But, both will save BIOS to disk, you just have to load a BIOS into facewizard first then it will save. If you are just wanting to save a unedited (No custom image added) BIOS image with your Profiles/settings then just use @BIOS

Yes, you can just flash your BIOS again with a normal BIOS using Qflash and you will have the original Image back.

If you mean the original Splash image back in the BIOS, yes just flash back an original BIOS. Or if you would like tell me the board model and I can give you the splash Image from the original BIOS and you can add that back in with Facewizard, but I'd suggest you just reflash with a original BIOS using Qflash.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

My MB is a GA-MA78GM-S2H.
    Yes, no problem with saving the Bios to disk. Maybe the problem comes from the fact that I find strange that it wasn't possible to make a sort of "backup" image of the original POST screen with Facewizard and that the only way to come back to it, once I have already changed it, is to flash the Bios again.
    I putted a nice car image before but I didn't like that I couldn't read anymore my pc detecting the devices, so I tried to put a more transparent image but nothing changed. It appears that once you put a new image on your POST, you won't be able anymore to see the pc detecting the devices, and I don't like this...

In the BIOS there is an option called "Full Screen Logo Show". Set it to Disabled and tada, your boring text screen is back.

Seriously, first time i got the board the logo was the first setting that i disabled. But now i feel like having it back, so expect that screen finished soon.

PS. What i edited out of that pic were the card model and memory size on the box.
    Pro hardware technician for PC, Laptop and Sound equipment.

Wink Re: Gb boot screen utility?

Here it is, i have a little more work to do on it but for anyone in a hurry, i'm uploading it like this. Use the attached file not the ImageShack pic, it is for preview purposes only.

Your BIOS screen should look exactly like that, no worse. If you ask me how i decreased depth to 256 colors without noticeable color degradation, shhh, it's a secret.

Edit: If you're getting the "out of space" error let me know.
    Edit 2: I'm not sure whether i will finish the screen since Face Wizard hates me... It gives me "Flash BIOS Failed". Fortunately i dumped the ROM beforehand, then also dumped it with @BIOS after the Face Wizard error, and compared the two. Nothing has actually changed in the BIOS contents, but still, that error gave me the chills. I DO NOT want to end up with a dead board.
    Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 04-07-2009 at 10:34 PM.
    Pro hardware technician for PC, Laptop and Sound equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
    In the BIOS there is an option called "Full Screen Logo Show". Set it to Disabled and tada, your boring text screen is back.
    Coooooooooooool, please tell me where I can disable it cause I checked all the bios menu and didn't find it! (maybe because on my board there's no logo but only text)

Boring text screen...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
    Seriously, first time i got the board the logo was the first setting that i disabled. But now i feel like having it back, so expect that screen finished soon.

PS. What i edited out of that pic were the card model and memory size on the box.
    I see, but it was a too small detail...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information