Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gb boot screen utility?

Default Gb boot screen utility?

Was wondering if, like a lot of manufacturers, Gb makes available (somewhere - I haven't been able to find one) a utility to change the BIOS boot screen image?

Came across these:

& haven't been able to quit laughing long enough to pick one!

Would like to avoid doing manual neurosurgery with a butterknife to my BIOS (but then, of course, I could turn on ALL the 'locked' BIOS menus, and REALLY give myself the opportunity to screw things up beyond all hope of recognition! ;)

Default Re: Gb boot screen utility?

Yes, try the Face-Wizard program found in your Gigabyte motherboard chipset utilities CD.
    If missing in the CD download a copy here.
    Last edited by svcglobal; 10-05-2008 at 01:53 AM.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Thanks ever so much for getting back to me so quick - I'll have GREAT FUN with this!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

All I can say (besides thanks for the info) is that I'm staggered - your 'sapphire' image is dynamite.

Thanks, you can use it for sure if you like. Which did you like best? I still have several versions on my hard drive that I did not post as well. Too Bad you cannot use Jpeg or PNG, then I could make some awesome ones. Maybe even gif at least, BMP sucks to make a good image in

If not, please do post any images you make that you care to share so I may link others here later when asked

Hello to everybody!

I tried to use Face Wizard and the result was great but thereafter I wanted to come back to the original configuration and I couldn't.
    So I did an update of the bios and hopefully everything came back to normal.
    I am trying now to make a backup of the original configuration but it is not possible...So my question is: how is it possible to come back to the original one, once you put a custom image on your bios splash screen?

Thanks

I think you have to reflash the original BIOS to go back. In Face Wizard there is the Save option, you do that first before changing the image, then to restore you load the file into @BIOS and flash.

Btw, i don't like Windows-based flashers either, but @BIOS never gave me any trouble. And i just noticed Face Wizard now, i used to have an old HP machine which i would change the POST screen on like every couple weeks. I haven't done gfx in a while and i feel like doing some, so maybe you'll see some nice screens from me. :)

Edit: How about this as the render for a new BIOS logo? And if you got the eye try to notice what i edited out.
    Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 04-05-2009 at 11:35 PM. Reason: added pic
    Pro hardware technician for PC, Laptop and Sound equipment.

Yeap, you can safely use @BIOS to save your current BIOS to disk.

As said above though, flashing with @BIOS is not suggested. I suggest you use Qflash to flash your BIOS >>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Unfortunately the save option won't work because if you ask Face Wizard to read the on board bios image it won't give you any result, so it won't be possible thereafter to save a non existing image, or isn't it like this?
    Nice pic Th3_uN1Qu3 but I couldn't get what you edited...
    So finally, if I got it right, the only way to come back to the original POST is to flash the bios again?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information