Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: EX38-DQ6 8GB G Skil PQ Ram

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EX38-DQ6 8GB G Skil PQ Ram

Its funny really, just ran across a guy with exactly the same ram as me with a P45 board and hes having the exact same problems. He has the same CPU and the Same memory. Which leads me to believe there may just be an incompaibility when using 8GB of the ram.

GA-EP45-DS3 wit 4x2(=8GB) Ram - Errors and Settings - TweakTown Forums

The difference here is that he gets memtest errors, I dont, but i have a suspicion this is my RAM.

Im going to rip some DDR2 800 out of my gf's PC to see if the same things occur first, that would be the most logical step, if they do then at least i know its the board.

Will this be adequate, or will a different brand be neccesary?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I have not used X38 myself, but I have P45 and it will run 8GB no problem. If you are both using the same memory I would suspect it may not be fully compatible if you cannot get 8GB to work and have tried everything to no avail.

Do you need 8GB? Just wondering, as it is overkill unless you edit movies or something. I know if it was me and I did not really need it I would not be giving myself such a headache about it just to get it going

What does your GF have? I would, if you can, test 8GB of another brand just to be sure.

Well at the moment Lsdmeasap im actually running just 2x2GB of the memory and I still have the problems, my PC doesnt even turn off anymore, dont really know if thats related..

My gf only has 2x1GB DDR 800, so is it worth trying these in my board? I guess your right saying 8gb of another ram would be the best, but thats going to set me back quite a lot of dosh...

Well if the two from your GF were to work with 2 of your sticks we would know the issue has something to do with your RAM.
    If it doesn't work we learn nothing at all, since we can't tell whether it's incompatability because you're running two different kind of modules or if it's the board refusing to run with 4 DIMMs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    Well if the two from your GF were to work with 2 of your sticks we would know the issue has something to do with your RAM.
    If it doesn't work we learn nothing at all, since we can't tell whether it's incompatability because you're running two different kind of modules or if it's the board refusing to run with 4 DIMMs.
    But at the moment my system is running 2x2GB dimms, not four and it still has problems.

Sorry, the thread is so long, I forgot about that, I though 2x2Gb ran fine. You haven't tried other RAM yet? Then try your gf's RAM, if it also doesn't work then the RAM itself is very likely not the issue here.

All is looking good so far using the Girls RAM, struggling with so little ram lol

Really hope this cracks it..

OK, everything seems fine with the other RAM. That means there obviously is something wrong with my board and this GSKILL PQ Ram I own.

As it looks like I will need to buy new ram, any reccomendations for my board?
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    CPU: E8400 C0
    Memory: Team Xtreem Dark PC2 8500 DDR2 1066MHz CL5 (2*2GB)
    GPU: XFX GTX280
    Sound: Xonar HDAV Deluxe
    HDD's: WD VelociRaptor, WD Blue AAKS, WD Blue 2500BB
    PSU: Corsair HX620
    Case: Sharkoon Rebel12 Value
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Achilles S1284C
    Fans: Intake & Extract Top: Sharkoon 140MM 5v mod, Intake Bottom Opposite HDD's: Scythe 120mm Low RPM Drive Bay
    HDD's In 5.25 bay held in 2x Nexus DoubleTwins
    Disc Drives: Blu Ray/HDDVD LG GGCH20L, Pioneer DVR-216DBK
    Monitor: Samsung LE40M86B
    Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR255
    Speaker System: Q Accoustics 5.1i System

Natalya Simonova: Do you destroy every vehicle you get into?
    James Bond: Standard operating procedure. Boys with toys.
    Goldeneye

I have had good experiences with OCZ Platinum XTC 1066 and the rather expensive Corsair Dominator 1066 ony my X38 DQ6 (similar to your EX38). I only have one 2x2GB kit of each, but I don't think you'll have problems with compatability with 4 DIMMs, the only problem is maybe getting it to run at 1066.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information