Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: EX38-DQ6 8GB G Skil PQ Ram

kick is offline Senior Member

Default Re: EX38-DQ6 8GB G Skil PQ Ram

Hey oldish thread ,but
    who knows maybe your sticks have the same chips under the hood as mine.The 2x2 matched pair only guaranteed to work at 1000 at that voltage.
    Mine need massive volts to work at anything in excess of 1000 mhz,even tho only certified for 800mhzx1.8-1.9v with tight timings like yours.
    I wouldnt even be bothering to try and get over 1000 if i hadnt seen posts of mine supposedly running at 1066,
    No actual screenies on that tho.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ud3-...-limits-30678/
    Last edited by kick; 02-27-2009 at 07:25 AM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgexander View Post
    LSDmeasap, but what about the other thread where the guy couldnt get all 4 dimms to run at 1200mhz? wouldnt 2x2gb be easier than 4x1gb?

I dont really need 8gb no....

Well not sure, that would all depend on users choice of voltages to apply and said ram quality, about the 4 dimms at 1200

2x2 may or may not be easier to run at 1200, but the dimms would be the limit there as said by nickel020 2x2's just normally cannot clock as high. That's why I suggested the 1GB sticks

Maybe you should think about getting a newer board first, then your options would be easier to pick thru? UD3 models are pretty cheap if money is a issue

Its a strange problem this, i put the original 8gb of ram back in the motherboard, last night i was testing with memtest in windows and no errors were found...its not like the memory is faulty, but almost that my board just cannot cope with 4 dimms inserted.

Im wondering the situation would improve with a new board, as new memory would probably cost around the same.

When you do mention id have more options LSDMeasap, what do you mean?

I feel a p45 is a bit of a downgrade in terms of xfire, so it seems a bit weird dumping my x38 for a p45 when the p45 costs a lot less!

On the other hand, i could get a p45 and see if it copes better with my ram...im lost lol
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R
    CPU: E8400 C0
    Memory: Team Xtreem Dark PC2 8500 DDR2 1066MHz CL5 (2*2GB)
    GPU: XFX GTX280
    Sound: Xonar HDAV Deluxe
    HDD's: WD VelociRaptor, WD Blue AAKS, WD Blue 2500BB
    PSU: Corsair HX620
    Case: Sharkoon Rebel12 Value
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Achilles S1284C
    Fans: Intake & Extract Top: Sharkoon 140MM 5v mod, Intake Bottom Opposite HDD's: Scythe 120mm Low RPM Drive Bay
    HDD's In 5.25 bay held in 2x Nexus DoubleTwins
    Disc Drives: Blu Ray/HDDVD LG GGCH20L, Pioneer DVR-216DBK
    Monitor: Samsung LE40M86B
    Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR255
    Speaker System: Q Accoustics 5.1i System

Natalya Simonova: Do you destroy every vehicle you get into?
    James Bond: Standard operating procedure. Boys with toys.
    Goldeneye

So what now 8GB works ok? Well if that is the case you are good to go.

Ya, I knew you might say that about the xfire, So I take it you use that then eh? Well there is always X48, I see them go on ebay for $125-150 ususally for DQ6's

Some of the P45's are 16/8 I think, that would not be so bad until you had the cash for i7

Ya, that is what I mean about P45 having more options. Aside from the chipset improvements and such and board design improvements that chipset will handle alot more ram, and do so alot easier

I know, all tough decisions. Or you could just save up and use what you have now, while slowly buying i7 parts?

lol, no doubt I will receive a problem in a weeks time or so..but i guess computers are not perfect. Il have to think whether to buy a new I7 system or just to get a new MB if things dont work properly.

Its just a pain having to sell my current system, really cant be bothered lol.
    Fans: Intake & Extract Top: Sharkoon 140MM 5v mod, Intake Bottom Opposite HDD's: Scythe 120mm Low RPM Drive Bay

Goldeneye

Can i just also say, apart from the brilliant support here, I also contacted Gigabytes Tech support.

They actually borrowed 8GB of my RAM from Gskill and are testing it themselves, so far (and i doubt) they have found any problems. But for everyone that disses their support I have to say ive had the opposite experience.

It may be the case that they can mess up with the occational RMA, but people have to remember, theres a difference between customer support and a flakey RMA procedure:)

So much better than @sus who basically refused to support my sound card as it wasnt purchased within the country i currently reside in. Not the first bad experience either, previously they told me I couldnt even pay them for an OOW repair...

This alone will make we stay with Gigabyte, despite the problems I have been happening.

I remember my first Gigabyte product lol. An Nvidia 6600GT AGP several years back, i was also impressed with that card at the time lol.

I just wish we could get some kind of petition together tho to get more memory modules tested on their QVL!!!

Which would be the best P45 to run this ram, would for instance the ud3p be better than the ud3l? Whats the temp differences like with the silentpipe cooler?
    Last edited by Dodgexander; 02-28-2009 at 06:20 AM.

Goldeneye

There is just SO MANY models of memory, I am sure they would be willing to test all of them.... But getting every company to send them a few sets of each model is likely a issue

I am not sure of those temp differences as I have only used the ones with heatpipes.\

I can say you dont want a "L" model for sure, unless that is all you can afford, as it is the "El Cheapo" one. If you want a UD3x model get UD3R or UD3P

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread Information