Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EX38-DQ6 8GB G Skil PQ Ram

Default Re: EX38-DQ6 8GB G Skil PQ Ram

Yeah its weird, i think each time it has crashed its been related to a driver or the program itself.

I dont use firefox, i use Opera as a browser, it is this that crashes, maybe its simply a bug with certain websites.

I also received a BSOD but im pretty sure that was related to my Sound card driver.

I'm wondering if there is any way to check if the PCIEX clock is actually locked at 100, maybe its the case i need to bump it up in the bios for it to be a 'real round 100. Of course, my graphics card and my sound card are on the PCIEX Bus.

Sadly it doesnt happen common enough for me to test it out, as with these annoying intermittant problems, il have to figure it out over time!

I will do as you suggested also using the 9 or 8.5 multi, exactly why do you advise to raise CPU skew and alter MCH Skew, exactly what do these values do/mean?

If i use a 445 FSB with a nine multi i think i remember i either place my ram at 1100mhz or 940mhz using both D straps available, so im wondering if i will get faster peformance than now!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, could be anything. I used to use opera as well, but long time ago. I use Firefox only now

Yes, you can manually set it to 100, as you should always do. Auto will only be 100 if you have default FSB, other then that it will overclock as you overclock the FSB if left in Auto. That is why manual setting of 100 is always advised

Easytune 5 and 6 shows the PCIE bus setting.

Skew is a Trail and error thing, here is some info about what they do >>
    bit-tech.net | Will you be overclocking a P45 mobo? READ THIS!

Great..turns out my pc was infected by a virus, i format/installed Xp again, it was infected again with a virus!! Now im trying to fix windows explorer from closing and restarting every 10 seconds!!

How can you have a virus on a clean install? What scanner are you using? I suggest Eset

Thats what i dont understand... ive tried ClamWin and then AVG, my first install received the LogOn Logoff virus that wouldnt let me log on to XP (even in safe mode).

So i did a fresh format install and now i have another virus that restarts windows explorer! So damn annoying!!

Il give your suggestion a bash tonight, however it seems the infection is a trojan, so it looks like another fresh install is needed.
    Very annoying since it takes 3 hours or so each time to get everything up and running the way you want it:)

I would assume those may just give you false positives. That or maybe you had somehow burned a XP disk with virus on it?????

You can (If you can dig up the file) scan any file online here and get results from 20+ virus scans at once, great sites >>>

VirusTotal - Free Online Virus and Malware Scan

Online malware scan

Hmm, Mind posting me a log file (Please either upload and post the txt, or Put it in code tags) from this before you do a clean install again.

Do system scan and save log file only >>>>
    |MG| HijackThis 1.99.1

Cheers buddy, will give it ago tonight when i get home around 1730 GMT. Will you be around then to help out? or should i just do a re-install of XP?

UPDATE. Done a fresh install of XP and all is fine again, everythings now set up the way i want it to be :)

However, this Gigabyte quad bios thing is starting to annoy me. Although my OC is stable, sometimes when i reboot the pc, it does not load my OC settings and reverts to default. When a say sometimes, maybe 7 out of 10 reboots are fine, but 3 of them will just reset my settings and my overclock back to default?!?! Why is this when everything is stable? Is it my PSU?

My specs:

GA-EX38-DQ6
    C2D E8400 @ 4.00GHZ
    4x2GB G-Skill PQ's @ DDR 1000 CL5,5,5,15 or DDR 800 CL5,4,3,12
    Caviar SE 16 WD7500AAKS & Caviar SE8 WD2500JB
    MSI Radeon 3850 @ 720, 1020.
    HX620 Corsair
    Last edited by Dodgexander; 11-04-2008 at 04:48 AM.

Well good to hear it! Sorry I did not get around till late tonight. So this clean install virsu free?

I just dont see how you get a virus on a clean install, unless you are installing it by installing a program or downloading something as soon as you install

As for your boot issue, I would think that you are not as stable as you think is why that happens. I think your PSU is good for all that, it has enough on the 12V Rail for your card Plus some right?

Yeah, i think my PSU is ok, but i dont know where to start with this issue. What else can i test for this booting problem? It would just be nice to know whats causing it to happen.

Well it is all about settings, you say you are stable. So let me have a look at what you are using and maybe I can see why >>>>

This is Just a template I use to ask people their settings, pay no attention to the numbers in it, replace with yours

Code:
    Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8] 
    Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.5]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [450] 
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ ?
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ ?
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______?
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ ?

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ ?
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ ?
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ ?
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ ?
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ ?
    Static tRead Value_______________
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V] 
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V] 
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V] 
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V] 
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Disabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information