Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: EX38-DQ6 8GB G Skil PQ Ram

Default Re: EX38-DQ6 8GB G Skil PQ Ram

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [8]
    Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.0]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [500]
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [101] (100 shown in EZ Tune)
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00D]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]
    CAS Latency Time________________ 5
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 5
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 15

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 2
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 2
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 45
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ 2
    Static tRead Value_______________ 9
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [150ps] << 50
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [250ps] << 200

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.30V]
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.05V]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.10V]
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.325V]

Loadline Calibration [Disable]
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.3896]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Disabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Enabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled] Enabled if you use Vmware/Virtual PC

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[Enabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I would think maybe these are too low to be completely stable >>>

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 2 << 3-4
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 2 << may be ok, but not sure with 8GB (test 3-5)
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 4 << Same as above, test 5-8
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 45 << Likely way to low for 8GB, test with this set to 60 or so (Maybe even more to be sure of stability) What I would do to see if this is indeed the issue is set them all VERY high to be sure timings are not the issue and then see if The problem continues or not

Read to Precharge Delay__________ 2 << Maybe 3-5 would be better

As you likely know, lower timings are better scores and may even pass a stability test, but in the end may be far to low to keep a real stable system with that much ram

You may also want to try this >>>

CPU Clock Skew Control [150ps] << 150
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [250ps] << 250-350
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-05-2008 at 10:48 AM.

Ive tried the higherst settings you have suggested and theres still no hope, vista crashes with suddenly stopped working messages in some games, some not, its completley randon..im debating replacing my motherboard now, but i just really want to get everything working free of problems!!
    Last edited by Dodgexander; 11-17-2008 at 12:14 AM.

Lowest? I told you yours were too low and I provided higher ones only because I thought you had them too low already. For 8GB you may need to raise them all a bit

What you need to do is Memtest! If you are passing several rounds of memtest but your system isnt stable you may just need some voltages adjusted

Try this again >>>

555-18 or 555-20

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 4-6
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ 8-12
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ 8-14
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 75-85

Read to Precharge Delay__________ 4-8
    You may also want to try this >>>

CPU Clock Skew Control [150ps] << 50-100
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [250ps] << 50-250

Right...ive narrowed this down to a specific problem. After loosening the timings you gave me, everything seems much more smoother and stable apart from one thing, and im not sure exactly where it lays.

When i play a game (il give Farcry2 and Football Manager 2009 as an example) and i exit (normally from the main menu) the games process Farcry2.exe or fm09.exe still run for 5 mins in task manager before closing themselves.. this is very annoying, especially if you are just resetting the game since you changed visual settings!

The memory usuage of the proces doenst change and you cannot even kill the process using task manager, nothing happens until 5 mins later you notice a flicker on the screen as the game closes.

Im starting to wonder whether my problem lays in faulty hardware rather than software, Maybe my graphics card, hard drive or sound card... so i guess its back to trial and error again to find out what the cause is.

Once i get my system up and running the way i want it, it will be as out of date as the games that i eventually will be able to sit down and enjoying playing:)

Next time im seriously contemplating buying an out of the box PC, but i know it just wont happen :D

Thanks again.

OW and an edit based on your previous response:

Everything is stable in memtest for 24 hours, its just in vista that things become sluggish with the tight timings i mentioned before...it almost seems like its all about getting the right balance, if you pull so many timings tight, something else being low is going to hinder them and therefore also the performance.
    At this moment in time, the last settings you posted are a lot smoother than before. In correction to my previous post, i was infact using the HIGHEST timings ,not the lowest! - Sorry about that!
    Last edited by Dodgexander; 11-17-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Sounds game or system related to me, hardware should not make a process fail to exit

I am glad you did mean highest, just thought I better make a note about that incase you didnt mean that.. It has happened

So is this issue with ONLY that one game and others are fine? If so it could just be that game needs a update, or your driver you are using is not fully compatible with that game. Which often happens and is why do many drivers are always released

If it is ALL your games I am not sure then, could just be your card. I would test that out on a less graphical game and see if things are better, if so then it is the driver or the card itself

Well its strange really, these problems occur at stock settings too which seem to inicate to me its a hardware fault..maybe a driver one as you suggested, however why would i aloso get 'suddenly stopped working'messages?

Sluggish performance, random errors..even world of warcraft failed last night with an error message . Your right in indicating that this mainly happens in games, which would explain why it may be a graphics card or driver fault, but at the moment i cannot even run a game that uses just 2d acceleration without a problem!

Ive come to the point now where i dont any further time to waste on troubleshooting this issue...i mean, what else can i try? One more re-install of ATI Drivers and i think that will be it for now..again today my motherboard re-set itself after being turned on, even with your reccomended higher settings as before! it seems to also happen using 445x9 overclock as well as the 500x8..my question is, how can i isolate this issue by replacing hardware?

Im willing to spend more money on replacing components inside the pc until i find out where the issue lays, where is best to start? The graphics card? im just looking for the quickest, cheapest solution here...

Suddenly stopped working is often a driver or heat issue with cards

I would start by taking your card to a friend if you can, and see how it runs on his system. That would rule out your hardware for sure

Cheers Lsdmeasap, last night i set my system to a 9x445 FSB to make sure its not my FSB thats holding me back.

Im quite sure 8GB of Ram stresses the NB and FSB enough as it is, let alone running 500FSB! So we shall see how this goes for general usuage.

This problem is so frustrating as i CANNOT repeat the issue running 3D Mark, Memtest or CPU stability test as they all pass fine!

Im not sure exactly why the some games do not close properly, but it will be interesting to see if the same happens with Nvidia as with ATI..im going to have to beg my GF to see if i can use her old GF 6600GT in my PC, and with my Radeon 3850 in hers!

Its not the only problem ive been having with Vista to be honest, to begin with it was taking 5 mins to shut down (probably a program not closing properly) but windows reported it was the process ATKFASTUSERSWITCHING, so i disabled that in services and it seems to be fine.

Initially when I installed vista as well, there seemed to be a problem with my HDD as it wasnt loading up in AHCI mode (IDE was fine). I re- connect the cables and it works fine again:s

I have to say, i absolutley hate the design of SATA connectors on the HDD themselves, they come loose so easily all the time:S

Maybe a fresh install of vista is needed...

Nice to hear! Ya, you should be able to get more stable results using a higher CPU multi as a lower FSB will put less strain on things

Let us know how your card testing in your GF case and her card in yours goes

You can disable fast user switching, especially if you are the only one that uses your PC. >>>
    Fast User Switching - Vista Forums

There is SATA Cables that come withy locking latches on them, I use them and have NEVER had a drive come disconnected. Let me know if you need help finding some!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information