Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: EX38-DQ6 8GB G Skil PQ Ram

Default Re: EX38-DQ6 8GB G Skil PQ Ram

My question really is, if my memory will not run at 800mhz with slack timings without coming up with an error, does this then suggest the motherboard is at fault?
    This is impossible to tell, you will need to test other RAM kits, if they also don't run then the issue is very likely the board. if they do though, then your RAM is just incompatible with the board.

Also errors in WoW don't indicate much, I have gotten WoW crashes on several completely different setups, and they weren't all overclocked and they were stable for everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickel020 View Post
    This is impossible to tell, you will need to test other RAM kits, if they also don't run then the issue is very likely the board. if they do though, then your RAM is just incompatible with the board.

Also errors in WoW don't indicate much, I have gotten WoW crashes on several completely different setups, and they weren't all overclocked and they were stable for everything else.
    Yes, wow crashes are not far and few between, but this happens almost exactly every 6 hours and states a memory string cannot be read. Il try to get a screenshot next time, but the string of the error looks like 0x0023x023.

I will try other memory to see if the error stays the same.

Try running Prime 95 for a long time, preferrable 10+ hours.

Do the WoW crashes always happen in similar areas7when doing the same thing? My WoW pretty much only crashes when I'm flying around in certain areas, so I'm pretty sure that the problem is WoW itself not the PC.
    You can try running the repair tool in the WoW folder and see if WoW has any errors and if it doesn't then try re-installing WoW. Back up your WTF, Interface and Screenshots folder^^

Nickel020 Ty again.

Im not sure if youve taken the time to read this lengthy thread, but the system (with 8GB) is prime 95 24+ and Memtest 24+ hours stable, this is at 450x9 and 500x9 FSB's.

Initially I had a problem whereby my board would keep resetting its settings upon rebooting, but that was it, no blue screens or freezing, or failing benchmarks. This happened even with stock settings sometimes.

Its only now that I have been able to repeat a memory error on my computer.

Surley it isnt the case that a Windows memory 'cannot be read' error message is an indicator that there is a problem reading the memory on my pc, regardless of the app that causes it too appear.

Its not just a WOW error i receive, but also a windows one.

Sorry I did not read the whole thread. I'm not gettign paid to do this after all ;)

If you get a windows error then that's a different case. before trying all kinds of stuff I'd re-install Windows though, don't know if yo've done that.

PS: Also would be great if you summed up the problem at the top of the first post and write what you've already tried to attempt to fix this.

Here is the error:

OK. Just received exactly the same error message (even the memory hexes were the same) it would appear there is clearly something wrong with a certain section of the memory or world of warcraft itself.

#132 is an error that has been happening since WoW's release in 2004. I got it on several different (sometimes non-over****ed systems). One patch it starts, I change absolutely nothing, the next patch it's gone. AFAIK no one has really figured out what's causing this. Either WoW is sometimes the best stability test in the world or something is wrong with it. My guess is the latter. Re-installing might help though.

Oh, thanks for that, but now im back to square one again :( there is literally no way for me to repeat the problems...its so annoying.

Ok, I fixed the Error on WOW. But I know am getting random crashes and restarts occationally on my PC.

I guess its a long winded, costly process of troubleshooting this.

1 Ram stick at a time, test to see how my pc performs over a week (as theres no way to immediatley repeat errors) means that Its going to take four weeks.

Then, if that doesnt change matters, I then have to try in a different, or possibly all other slots, pottentially meaning this will take 16 weeks!

Apart from this, my motherboard,sound card,video card or PSU could also be at fault... and the only way of finding this out is by purchasing another...

As you can imagine, this is driving me insane!!!
    Last edited by Dodgexander; 02-20-2009 at 06:11 PM.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information