Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz on ga-ex38-ds4 - help please!

Default Re: Q9450 @ 3.2Ghz on ga-ex38-ds4 - help please!

Assassin's Creed came up with a blur-tear screen effect whilst I was playing. I rebooted and adjusted the settings back to what they were for 3.2ghz. I also raised the Vcore back up one increment to 1.28125v.
    I think I might just stick with this 3.2Ghz overclock, which is still quite an achievement for a Q9450 I reckon. Just to be on the safe side. :)

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Ya, if that isa good stable point maybe you should stick with it for a while. 2.66 to 3.2 is good considering the heat of all the cores

And ya know these errors you keep getting could also be the cards ram overheating or being faulty so you never know which it is without ruling them out

Yeah. It is a happy coincidence that for a week after I first adjusted the BIOS for 3.2, Vista reported none of the usual errors (shut down unexpectedly) for over a week. This was the first one to happen but only with AC and only on 3.4! So yeah, I will stick with it for a while.

UPDATE: lsdmeasap, at the moment I'm testing the 2.66D strap, which puts my normally-800mhz memory at 1066mhz. I also noticed that Static tRead Phase Adjust is now at 5, as opposed to 0. Static tRead Value is now at 8. What is the deal with this? Should I back it down to 2.00D/800mhz again?
    Last edited by Nova Phoenix; 10-16-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Phase adjust should always be set to Auto (0) until you are stable, and even then not used unless you know how to adjust it and how it affects Static Tread Value. And keep in mind, if you are using Auto for a setting what you see in the BIOS may or may not be used in windows. But for a setting like this, you should manually set it to Auto to be sure 0 is used. The 5 you see is for sure not being used, as that would make Static Tread value about 3 and that would not boot. So it is likely as with many of the "Left" values you see for Auto just a setting that may or may not be used

Yes, you should likely for stability be using only 800-900 speed on your ram with 4x1GB

I know mate. I recently set it back to the 1:1 strap, which is 2.00D. And I have 2x2GB, not 4x1GB lol :).

Ahh, OK.

Well still even then 1066 may not be stable with your ram, especially with those settings you mentioned.

So you all up and running smooth now?

I seem to be, yes. Stable at 3.2ghz clock speed and 800mhz ram speed and 4-4-4-12-2T timings.

Thanks a bunch lsdmeasap! :D I'll keep you posted!

I "think" I MAY have crashed whilst leaving the PC on overnight mate. Everest is showing low Uptime, but Vista's problem/reports section shows nothing (last report was a video hardware error at 6pm yesterday). I'm not sure what happened.

If I did crash, do I require more Vcore, or something else? It's currently at...

Vcore: 1.28125v
    NB: +0.200v
    FSB: +0.10v
    DIMM: +0.30v

EDIT: When my Dad turned the monitor on this morning, all he saw was the desktop. Our PC is not configured to instantly reboot if we get any coloured screens of death. If that happened, Dad would've rebooted, Vista would have an error report, and Everest would show lower Uptime than I've just seen.
    So I'm not sure WTF went on there. Did it crash and not get reported, or did something on my system "legally"-reboot it?
    EDIT#2: Sorry for the hoo-hah mate. From what I've checked, it seems it MAY NOT be a crash after all, but rather Windows Update auto-rebooting to ensure installation of an update it downloaded. All the evidence is pointing towards that. So sorry if I worried you. :)
    Last edited by Nova Phoenix; 10-18-2008 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Possible theory #2

Ahh, yeah windows update will reboot your system if you are not around to tell it no.

Glad you found it instead of it worrying you for days. So all stable now then?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information