Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mushkin pc6400 X-line extreme memory

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Mushkin pc6400 X-line extreme memory

Grab the newest version I linked below. You will see that is a incorrect reading, you can verify that if you like with Easytune, or everest. In that version though TMPin0 should be NB and TMPin1 should be CPU temps. But they are all user configurable. Your NB is way hotter then 22C at startup, so you ca be sure that is not NB temp, likely either configured wrong, or a incorrect sensor reading

In the new version, they are already set and labeled and correct for P45 so for sure should be in P35 >>>
    Download - OCCT Website english

ok, i think i'd better download the latest version of occt since as you saw mine was labelled 2.0.0a which i assume may well be an alpha release

i normally trust real temp over any other cpu temp tool and after looking at the difference between occt + real temp cpu temperatures, i concur that there may well be some quite inaccurate temperature interpretation issues on occt's part.

got a bsod last night while gaming at 490fsb - nv4-disp.dll i reinstalled the driver as i read leaving antivirus software runnng while installing display drivers is a no no

it gained me a few extra frames per second after the new install which was odd yet nice, but didn't solve the bsod'ing. i backed the fsb down to 475, and i get the impression trfc at 52 was too tight, so i've backed it off to 60. hopefully i'll start raising the fsb slowly with these settings until in game errors occour and start looking at what settings i may need to relax.

its annoying though as i'm at the point where orthos/occt can be left on ram torture for hours and not find any errors, yet games die after minutes!

makes me wonder why the torture test developers don't use ram stressing tests the way games do!

how are you getting on lsd with your mushkins?

Hmm, sounds like maybe voltage issues to me, aside from the normal Nvidia errors (Hate em myself )

I love them, haven't had time to play any since those few days a few days ago though but stable as it gets where I have them now

Ya, I still even in the new one see some slight Core temp differences. But everyone has their own Set of apps they like. So all up to you what you use. They all will stress and monitor fine within a few anyway.

I use RealTemp, and Everest for monitoring, and Orthos/Memtest86+ for stabilty

bump
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0 GHz LGA 775, Gigabyte EP45-DS3R MOBO, Nvidia 9800GTX XXX PCIe2.0, Vista64 Home Premium, Mushkin XP Ascent 2 GB (4GB if working) DDR2 800, PC Power and Cooling 610Watt EPS12V, XigmaTek HDT-S963 heatsink, Seagate 640GB

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information