Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DES Application EP45-ds3r questions

Default DES Application EP45-ds3r questions

Hello,
    I have a EP45-Ds3r MB. A couple of questions. Why wont the MB boot when I have a USB Drive attached?(Splash screen,reboot,splash screen etc)

Twice now when I start the the computer I see DES not started, please use a DES Application(?). Press any key to continue.
    Whats it trying to tell me?
    Are there a set of optimum settings other than the ones in the Bios?
    Thanks

Default Re: DES Application EP45-ds3r questions

If you have stupid USB drive like I have (MyBook 1GB Office Editon from Western Digital), then you need to disable the "Legacy USB storage detect" in the "Integrated Peripherals" section of the BIOS.

Where do you get the DES question? From the BIOS (during inital boot) or from the operating system while it is loading or after that? I don't use the DES software from Gigabyte (since DES is said to cause trouble while overclocking). The normal energy saving funtions like CPU EIST are enough for me.

The DES Warning appears after the splash screen, but before the OS starts.
    It is at the bottom of the screen that lists all if the IRQ's? I believe. It is at the same spot in the process that you would be givin a choice to boot from the CDrom.
    What is this DES? and why would I need it?
    Thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

DES is the Dynamic Energy Saver, it is a program you install in windows that is on the motherboard CD.

So if you installed with Express Install or Installed the program another way from the CD, you just need to uninstall it

As for your USB drive please give more information like what exactly it is. And please post images of your integrated peripherals page, and Advanced BIOS features page (With also Boot Device Order window open, with your USB Device attached)

Thanks,
    It's just a WD 160gig portable drive. To obtain those images, do I just do a shift>Print screen of the Bios pages?
    Also, If I just load optimum settings in the Bio's, are there any others things to set to obtain the best performance for my primary use of the machine.(PhotoShop CS2)?
    Sorry, pretty much a novice w/decent equipment.

You will have to use a camera then host them and photobucket.com or tinypic.com, or imageshack.us

Then post the Direct URL in img tags like so >>>
    [img]Direct URL of image here[/img]

Yes, you can set Many things for better performance! Lets see about getting your DES and USB Drive solved first though. Did you get DES uninstalled, and that part fixed?

I removed the Des...Fine
    I removed Legacy USB....Fine

Sorry about the oversized image. Is there anyway to delete the image?

So what is all those pics for if you got your USB and DES issue solved? Did I miss something? Don't mind me, I am sleepy!

I thought you asked to see pictures for setting the board up to optimize it for photoshop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information