Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-MA78GM-S2H vista ultimate 64 wont install at all

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-MA78GM-S2H vista ultimate 64 wont install at all

Drive recognized in the BIOS means nothing when it comes to you installing a system

Yes, lower is better for stability, but that is after you find a point where it is for sure stable then you try to lower.

Since you are trying to install your system you should just put in one stick in slot one, and reboot and load optimized defaults and save and apply and reboot and then go back in and set your disk settings, reboot and set First boot device to floppy, second to your OS drive then go ahead with the install. Settings for your system should be as follows, in Integrated Peripherals page >>>

OnChip IDE Controller ............... Enabled if you have any IDE Drive, disabled if not
    OnChip SATA Controller ............ Enabled
    OnChip SATA Type(SATAII0~SATAII3 connectors) .................. Native IDE Or AHCI If you wish to install the AHCI Driver

OnChip SATA Port4/5 Mode (SATAII4/ESATA connectors) ...... As SATA Type, if you are using AHCI and you also have a DVD/CD SATA Drive connected, put it on port 4/5 and set this to IDE

did not work. Returning the motherboard. Thanks for the help.

Sorry you could not get it, did you ever test this disk in another system?

Could be a dead disk not board, I will not buy WD for this reason. I have received many DOA disks from them in the past

i got another of the same kind of motherboard and it has the same problem. it also refuses to boot with 2 sticks of ram working together, they have to be on separate buses. additionally, the HDMI onboard does not work. it will boot another hard drive with windows xp on safe mode, intriguingly. the new board has no problems POSTing. any ideas? i'll test whatever you want. thanks in advance

I think the hard drive is fine. it seems like a driver or bus issue with the motherboard...

Is this clean installs? What ram is it, is it on the QVL, and how much of it are you trying to use?

It is a ram compatibility issue then most likely. Are you sure your install disk is OK, I mean did you burn it, have you used it in another setup? If you burnt it, I would suggest you do so again and burn on the Slowest setting.

it's not the install disk. i have tried both 64-bit ubuntu and 64-bit vista disks.

update on symptoms: when i turn on fail safe mode in BIOS, i am able to get to the partitioning part of the OS install before the screen goes black (note: before the screen froze). i tested the power supply, it is not the problem. i tried an IDE drive instead of SATA running in native IDE mode, same result.

It is your ram, I am almost 99% sure of this. Do you have any older to use

I dont know much about AMD so I cannot say for sure what the settings are but you need to add MCH/NB/Memory controller Voltage, set your ram voltage and increase trfc for 2x2GB

i don't have any around. my old doesn't fit the DDR2 slot. i will try to get some off my friend to test, but that is difficult (he won't have a system for however long i have his ram). what are the chances that both sticks are bad? that seems awfully low to me.
    i already have the ram upped to 2.1V, i will try upping the other stuff.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information