Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L freezing in BIOS / Memtest

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L freezing in BIOS / Memtest

Ya it is normal, I get the same for my P45. I just think it is not fully updated yet for P45. Is your wife's system P35? That does get printed out properly, I am sure he is working on getting it updated

Hmm, very odd. With those settings can you load windows? If so, can you please run This memory Test, choosing about half of your ram and see how long it runs. This is a Within windows test >>>
    MemTest: RAM reliability tester for Windows

I suggest this because maybe memtest is error'n out only because of your chipset.

Hey, did you ever memtest86+ these sticks in your wife's setup? If not, please do at stock speed, timings and voltages one by one to be sure you did not get a DOA stick

Yeah they passed the memtest in my wife's pc, she was also able to play World of Warcraft with them in for over an hour without any issues. The memory is fine. It's something else that's the problem, at the moment I'm leaning towards the motherboard being bad still.

I don't have windows loaded on the machine yet as I can't get it stable enough to install (at least with both memory sticks in). I had tried to install twice and each time it froze part way through the install.

My wife's machine has an ASUS P5N32-SLI-SE with a NVIDIA nForce4 SLI chipset in it.

At this point I'm probably going to just RMA the motherboard and see if that solves the issue.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Sorry, I forgot you had already mentioned that about memtest and your wife gaming with them

Well good luck, If you do want to try things further then let me know where you are as far as settings for now.

Could be the board, as I look back the settings we have tried should have for sure worked

Thanks again for all the help, it ended up being the board, after RMAing it the replacement has worked fine.

Really, Nice to hear at least you got it solved! So you are all up and running smoothly then?

If so great, and glad to hear it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information