Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: EP45-DS3L Black Screen with blinking cursor mid-POST

Default EP45-DS3L Black Screen with blinking cursor mid-POST

Hi All, I've searched the forums and can't find a solution to my exact problem.

I just built the following:
    Mobo: Ep45-DS3L
    CPU: E8500 3.16ghz, stock cooler
    RAM: G.skill 2x2GB f2-6400CL5d
    GPU: Visiontek ATI Radeon HD 4870
    PSU: Seasonic SII 430W

When I power on or reboot the computer, 2(ish) out of 3 times the POST Screen will come up, it will show SATA and IDE info, and just as it would normally switch to show USB / PCI info, it hangs on a blank screen with a blinking cursor. Resetting a time or two will POST normally.

Ram settings are a loose as possible, Mem test ran last night for 11 passes with no errors. Once my machine boots, it's really solid, and was able to run a game for 3 hours yesterday with no problem...so I don't suspect RAM.

Any Thoughts? Thanks in advance...

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: EP45-DS3L Black Screen with blinking cursor mid-POST

I would suspect your PSU does not have proper voltages for that GFX card, does it?

I know it sounds funny to ask, since you just said you played some games for hours, but it could very well be the issue.

What 12V amps does your card require, and what does your PSU say on the sticker for the 12V rail?

Please disable Legacy USB Storage Detect in the BIOS if you are not using a USB Hard drive as well, this can cause random issues

Thread Information