Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with Ram Timings!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Help with Ram Timings!

Thanks for posting your settings, maybe it will help someone else later. And thanks for your kind words, glad to hear you have picked up some knowledge. Now, you must Pay it Forward.

Nice timings by the way, stable 100% I take it? MCH and ram voltage come down any? Or have you tried yet?

Thanks yourself and it's nice so others can check out my settings as you say :)

Yeap totaly stable in every test I have thrown at it but i have not tested with any lower voltage to the ram and I think I will just leave it as 2.1V is what they are listed to have and the MCH yeah maybe I can try it a little lower and the voltage to the CPU but I have tried and its a no go. maybe if I try give the FSB Voltage some more juice but it's under 70 degree anyway so I think im all good!

Well the ram spec's are the warrantied amount and they put that on ram stickers as spec because some PC's will need the full amount and others will not. Lowest you are stable is best.

When you tried lower CPU Voltage you should manually set a Termination Voltage (maybe 1.35-1.5, which you should do anyway. Sorry I did not suggest that, and you should also Set PLL to whatever you see as stock because Auto often overvolts it

Hello!
    Aah okey I see and remember now that you mentioned in my other thread that I should set the CPU Termination Voltage and PLL manually. thanks you brought that up!

I will stress it in OCCT MIX and I try the lowest first CPU TT at 1.20 default then and the PLL at 1.5v and se if it's stable at that :)

If it's not stable it will error very fast I presume ?
    I hope so atleast so maybe the 1 hour MIX in OCCT should be enough!

Okey that was I was thinking to and im glad to say that it seems stable at default 1.20v VTT and 1.5v PLL as it went trough OCCT 1 hour MIX!

Thanks for brought this up mate

Nice to see you found that out. Ya, it may or may not be needed to increase until a High FSB

Yepp I read that you can need to up them a little if you run a high FSB and my is at 425 = 1700Mhz as we know and all stable now so from now on it's game on as everything is tweaked at the optimum I think and BTW by tweaking all the ram timings my comp definetly feels faster e.x unrar some big files/ Install a game and it flies now so I couldent be any happier I think thanks to this great place

Nice to hear you are running smoothly! Yeah, tweaking things does make things happen much faster and you can for sure notice it over a setup without manually tweaking things.

Post back if you have any issues later on, and thanks for the kind words!

Yepp I cant believe that the difference was that big by tweaking the ram timings, my comp feels so snappy it's a world of difference.

Now I really know what a good tweak can do and when I build a new comp tweak is a absolute must it do wonders. im extremely impressed :)

Thanks for everything Lsdmeasap and I will post back if any issues occur!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information