Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just ordered the The Big, Bad Wolf

1. Default Re: Just ordered the The Big, Bad Wolf

Ouch, I am sorry... Ya on dial up?
    No...what ever gave you that idea. I gotz cable

I do believe you, but just wanted to see for myself, no need if you are on dial up man!
    Yeah...I forgot it took longer than 30 minutes to make a panoramic pic.

Hey, A few days ago? You just got the CPU today, it has to be done again silly!!!
    I gotta flash the BIOS Again??? Why??

*EDIT*

Wait for it
    Wait for what?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
    GA P35 DQ6 rev. 1.0, 2x2GB Mushkin XP2 Ascents, 2x2GB Mushkin XP2's DDR2-1066 PC2-8500, Intel Core 2 DUO E8600, 3.33Ghz with Gigabyte CPU Cooler, PNY GeForce 8800 GTS, Antec 900 Gaming Case and Antec True Power Trio 650w PSU, Hauppauge HVR 1600 TV Tuner, old Sony CD/RW that still kicks butt, Sony external DVD, Smart Card Reader, 4 Western Digital Caviar HDD's: 80Gb, 120Gb(usb,external, swap), 160Gb, 250Gb and 320Gb.

Running it all with Windows XP Pro SP3, Perry Mason and Della Street. Paul Drake's out on assignment. He's helping me locate 64-bit drivers for XP Pro x64 Edition that I'm working with now.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Just ordered the The Big, Bad Wolf

Ahh ok, ya the 30 minutes made me think you was uploading a pic that slow

See my edited post on page one. And no you do not need to flash again, but you DO HAVE TO load optimized defaults again when you put in a new CPU

3. Default Re: Just ordered the The Big, Bad Wolf

I went ahead an re-flashed the BIOS anyways with FLASHSPI.exe on the floppy.

Rebooted, loaded Optimized Defaults, rebooted again...still no (#).
    GA P35 DQ6 rev. 1.0, 2x2GB Mushkin XP2 Ascents, 2x2GB Mushkin XP2's DDR2-1066 PC2-8500, Intel Core 2 DUO E8600, 3.33Ghz with Gigabyte CPU Cooler, PNY GeForce 8800 GTS, Antec 900 Gaming Case and Antec True Power Trio 650w PSU, Hauppauge HVR 1600 TV Tuner, old Sony CD/RW that still kicks butt, Sony external DVD, Smart Card Reader, 4 Western Digital Caviar HDD's: 80Gb, 120Gb(usb,external, swap), 160Gb, 250Gb and 320Gb.

Running it all with Windows XP Pro SP3, Perry Mason and Della Street. Paul Drake's out on assignment. He's helping me locate 64-bit drivers for XP Pro x64 Edition that I'm working with now.

Pic of 333 FSB and memory Multiplier box open and fully scrolled or it isnt true

5. Default Re: Just ordered the The Big, Bad Wolf

Pic of 333 FSB and memory Multiplier box open and fully scrolled or it isnt true
    Memory Multi "box" open??

I thinks I knows what ya talkin about...hold on....

Okay....all the way up and all the way down:::

Last edited by DavidDavisLeeSomething; 10-12-2008 at 10:46 PM.

Na, cant see FSB so you make me think you are messing around. Image like this please >>>>

You may need a higher FSB is all, I really cannot remember where is becomes available as I never used it on my P35 but I do know it should be there.

Try setting your CPU multi low again and set FSB to 400-450 or so and see if you can choose it. You may also have to first raise Static Trd to 12 or so as it will not allow a very low one, but not sure if that means it will hide it from you though. Here is some more reading on straps for you since I know you like to read about it all >>>
    AnandTech: ASUS ROG Rampage Formula: Why we were wrong about the Intel X48

7. Default Re: Just ordered the The Big, Bad Wolf

I've done everything you've suggested and still no (#).

I'm pretty much convinced that the straps are chosen automatically depending on how the FSB is clocked, probably simular to the Available FSB/MCH Straps chart...I'll never know.

I don't know what this means but when I set the FSB up to 533Mhz and the CPU at any given multi and then reboot, I go back to the M.I.T. and there are 2 different memory speed values (in blue): 800 on the left and 1066 on the right. Of course I know what the 1066 on the right means but what does the 800 on the left mean??

the 800 on the left is the SPD value... that is the default value that is programmed into the DIMM (because PC2-8500 DIMMs are actually PC2-6400 DIMMs which have been tested and certified for higher frequency use)
    NZXT Lexa BlackLine Case with Red LEDs
    Corsair TX-750 Modular PSU
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3P (BIOS F7)
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 3.73GHz (downclocked for the summer )
    OCZ Vendetta 2 CPU Heatsink
    2x 2GB Kingston HyperX RAM PC2-6400 @ 996MHz (4-5-5-15)
    3x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB HDD in RAID5
    2x HIS Radeon HD 4850 @ 745/1090 in CrossFireX
    2x ThermalTake DuOrb GPU Heatsink
    D-Link Super G PCI WLAN Adapter
    Asus Lightscribe 20x SATA II DVD-DL Burner
    Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
    2x 22" LG W2252TQ-PF Widescreen LCD Monitor (YAY!! Finally got the second one!!)

No pic of FSB and memory multi on the same page, and you changed the subject? Makes me wonder if you are just bored and messing around now.

Hope you are not just being silly

Yes, the straps change according to the set FSB

10. Default Re: Just ordered the The Big, Bad Wolf

No pic of FSB and memory multi on the same page
    I posted that panoramic pic of the FSB and the Memory Multis on the first page of this thread. The 333 at the top of the pics is the FSB.

and you changed the subject?
    Well, I thought it might have been useful in trying to figure out how the straps work. It only appears as 800 1066 when the FSB is over 500Mhz. When I'm running stock speeds it's 1066 1066.

Makes me wonder if you are just bored and messing around now.

Hope you are not just being silly
    Bored, being silly??? Nah....just trying to understand how my board deals with the straps. At this point I have kinda succombed to the fact that I have no access or options available for straps. No big deal...I can live with that.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information