Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: GA EP35C DS3R BIOS settings not retaining..or saved




  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default GA EP35C DS3R BIOS settings not retaining..or saved

    Hi all

    I wanna overclock my q6600 cpu a little,My system is q6600, 4 gig DDR2 800 Transcend, I just want to get upto 3 gig with this chip thats all, using TRUE as my cooler.

    I have problem with GA EP35C DS3R mobo, I got F3 BIOS when I originally overclocked my CPU to 3 gig (q6600), ddr2 800Mhz it booted fine in windows(Vista) and I played game etc for 6 hr or so.

    And then I switch the pc off for the night, restarted next morning sometime and all my settings went back to defaults and ever since whatever I do in BIOS specially overclocking doesn't work, it does say in MIT that fsb sets at 333x9 and 3 gig(cpu speed) but this doesn't take any effect and shows 2.4gig in POST,windows and cpu-z,speedfan etc

    What do I do? I didn't short cmos jumper in motherboard yet but thats last resort I think its something in BIOS that I need to do to make it work.

    Should I save profile first?


    *Using thermalright TRUE as heatsink.

    p.s: Hmm after reading this thread http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-p...-please-27844/ I think its the BIOS issue this guy was lucky he found working BIOS for overclocking but my board is different than his ...

    Should I try f4 beta BIOS?

    Cheers
    Last edited by reavercop; 10-12-2008 at 10:28 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    22

    Default Re: GA EP35C DS3R BIOS settings not retaining..or saved

    When I was having this problem I searched every forum & found that many people reported success with a particular version. Just look around & u will find a working version even if its a beta one. I hope u have disabled that EIST, C1E functions
    Intel Core i5 2500k
    GA-Z68XP-UD4 Rev 1.3 F6
    Corsair Force GT + WD Caviar Black 1TB + Segate 500GB HDD
    Corsair 8GB RAM
    MSI GTX 970 3.5GB + 0.5GB graphic card
    Dell U2312HM widescreen monitor
    Windows 8.1 64 bit

  3. #3
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GA EP35C DS3R BIOS settings not retaining..or saved

    Ya you could use that Beta, or reflash the BIOS you are using now to possibly fix it. And yes, please check to be sure you have the above mentioned EIST and C1E disabled as those speeds, 2.4 and 3 sound like you have speedstep enabled to me

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: GA EP35C DS3R BIOS settings not retaining..or saved

    Quote Originally Posted by varunb View Post
    When I was having this problem I searched every forum & found that many people reported success with a particular version. Just look around & u will find a working version even if its a beta one. I hope u have disabled that EIST, C1E functions
    Hmm ya settings above are disabled, thats the first thing I did before I even overclocked.

    Anyway I will give f4 beta a try and see how I go one question I have though, am I able to revert back to f3 from f4 beta or not?

    Cheers

  5. #5
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GA EP35C DS3R BIOS settings not retaining..or saved

    Yes, you can flash back anytime you want. Please do read this so you do a proper flash >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

    That is Load optimized defaults, Flash, Load optimized defaults, save and apply and reboot back to the BIOS to make your changes. This is VERY Important to do, and especially important to go back to the BIOS before windows loads if you are using RAID. You will have to set your disk settings again otherwise you will corrupt your RAID array.

    If you are not using RAID then you can ignore that warning, but you will still have to set disk settings again but it is not so important to not load windows first if you do not have RAID.

    So Load optimized, flash, load optimized, save and apply/reboot back to the BIOS, Make changes to the BIOS

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: GA EP35C DS3R BIOS settings not retaining..or saved

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes, you can flash back anytime you want. Please do read this so you do a proper flash >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

    That is Load optimized defaults, Flash, Load optimized defaults, save and apply and reboot back to the BIOS to make your changes. This is VERY Important to do, and especially important to go back to the BIOS before windows loads if you are using RAID. You will have to set your disk settings again otherwise you will corrupt your RAID array.

    If you are not using RAID then you can ignore that warning, but you will still have to set disk settings again but it is not so important to not load windows first if you do not have RAID.

    So Load optimized, flash, load optimized, save and apply/reboot back to the BIOS, Make changes to the BIOS
    Grr I gave up this thing don't wanna overclock mate lol can someone suggest another motherboard based on p35 perhaps or another chipset and not too costly as I only got q6600 cpu to overclock.

    I already spent quid on this motherboard so don't wanna get dq6 etc I just want motherboard that I can happily overclock to 3-3.2 gig thats all till I get new cpu and new motherboard in 1 yr or so..

    Cheers

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    206

    Default Re: GA EP35C DS3R BIOS settings not retaining..or saved

    i'd recommend a new generation chipset... for you, being as you're familiar with the p35 BIOS type, the X48 series boards would be a good choice (cheapest being the DS4 ~US$220 on Newegg) or, if you're ready for a more mature BIOS, the P45 series would be a good choice (i'd suggest either the DS3L or DS3R, depending on your needs)

    you should be able to OC a q6600 to 3.2GHz with just about any board... for your p35 i think you just need to reflash your BIOS... using the guide LSD suggested earlier and a new BIOS (i'd suggest F11 which you can get here -> GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS Download) you should be able to OC that chip just fine

    EDIT: oh yeah... before you buy anything... try disabling Legacy USB Storage Support in your BIOS, rebooting and loading the OCed settings...
    Last edited by BongWizard; 10-13-2008 at 08:17 PM.
    NZXT Lexa BlackLine Case with Red LEDs
    Corsair TX-750 Modular PSU
    Gigabyte EP45-DS3P (BIOS F7)
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300 @ 3.73GHz (downclocked for the summer )
    OCZ Vendetta 2 CPU Heatsink
    2x 2GB Kingston HyperX RAM PC2-6400 @ 996MHz (4-5-5-15)
    3x Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 500GB HDD in RAID5
    2x HIS Radeon HD 4850 @ 745/1090 in CrossFireX
    2x ThermalTake DuOrb GPU Heatsink
    D-Link Super G PCI WLAN Adapter
    Asus Lightscribe 20x SATA II DVD-DL Burner
    Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro
    2x 22" LG W2252TQ-PF Widescreen LCD Monitor (YAY!! Finally got the second one!!)

  8. #8
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GA EP35C DS3R BIOS settings not retaining..or saved

    Let us know how you get along, you should for sure be able to get 3.0-3.4 on this board you have easily

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: GA EP35C DS3R BIOS settings not retaining..or saved

    Quote Originally Posted by BongWizard View Post
    i'd recommend a new generation chipset... for you, being as you're familiar with the p35 BIOS type, the X48 series boards would be a good choice (cheapest being the DS4 ~US$220 on Newegg) or, if you're ready for a more mature BIOS, the P45 series would be a good choice (i'd suggest either the DS3L or DS3R, depending on your needs)

    you should be able to OC a q6600 to 3.2GHz with just about any board... for your p35 i think you just need to reflash your BIOS... using the guide LSD suggested earlier and a new BIOS (i'd suggest F11 which you can get here -> GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS Download) you should be able to OC that chip just fine

    EDIT: oh yeah... before you buy anything... try disabling Legacy USB Storage Support in your BIOS, rebooting and loading the OCed settings...
    BIOS I can get is F4 Beta (latest) and F3(final) for this board not F11 which is for GA EP35C DS3R.

    I reflashed back to F2 and still can't overclock grr..ok I am gonna short a CMOS PIN now and let you all know but this is rediculous really ffs
    Last edited by reavercop; 10-14-2008 at 04:32 PM.

  10. #10
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GA EP35C DS3R BIOS settings not retaining..or saved

    Be sure you properly flash.. That is Flash, Load optimized/save/apply-reboot, and then go back into the BIOS to make all needed changes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •