Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EP45C-DS3R & RAM issue

Default Re: EP45C-DS3R & RAM issue

help!

i've got a boot loop, and then after several boot loops DES message appears "Press any key to continue" but after pressing it may PC hangs so i manually restart it again, but same boot loop again, i can't go into Windows.

tnx!

even hitting Del doesn't work still keeps on me on Boot loop, well time to try my "method" changing RAM w/ ordinary 1.8v, lol

still same issue here, w/ this OCZ RAM.

update:

got into Windows now but different RAM, what do you think is the reason, does the OCZ RAM has a defect? it won't let me boot w/ OCZ RAM after triple boots.

does shifting to DIMM 2 & DIMM4 slots will help?

this is RAM i am refering to: LINK

tnx!
    Last edited by Smother; 10-15-2008 at 04:12 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

2.66B or 2.66D is what you want, try B first

Uninstall DES unless you use it, and you may need to load optimized defaults again with the OCZ ram in there. And yes, you can use 2 and 4 if you like

Settings is what will make things triple boot, you either had ram set to tight or something not set high enough voltage wise

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    2.66B or 2.66D is what you want, try B first

Uninstall DES unless you use it, and you may need to load optimized defaults again with the OCZ ram in there. And yes, you can use 2 and 4 if you like

Settings is what will make things triple boot, you either had ram set to tight or something not set high enough voltage wise
    tnx again!

i chose the 1st one, the 2.66B @ 1072

but w/ OCZ RAM it won't let me boot in BIOS after hitting Del it just hang.

ok to be exact how much should i place for CPU Vcore?

Try 2.66D for the OCZ then, and you may need to raise everything back up again

CPU voltage cannot be told to you exact, all chips are different so I havent a clue. What you should do is set high enough so you know you can boot, then see if it needs more. If not you can lower later

Try 2.66D for the OCZ then, and you may need to raise everything back up again

CPU voltage cannot be told to you exact, all chips are different so I havent a clue. What you should do is set high enough so you know you can boot, then see if it needs more. If not you can lower later
    k, it is normal after changing those settings i'll have first "triple boot"?

on my CPU VCore i have 1.2375 around what should i add you can suggest?

tnx a lot!

Triple boot no, double boot yeah. Sounds like incorrect settings.

As for your voltage, I am not sure. Depends on what you know you have had to use before and how far you are overclocked. Will be .6 or so less then what you set so that is likely far to low

Triple boot no, double boot yeah. Sounds like incorrect settings.

As for your voltage, I am not sure. Depends on what you know you have had to use before and how far you are overclocked. Will be .6 or so less then what you set so that is likely far to low
    wahhh, i give up!

maybe OC'ing will be later, i think i need to change my RAM's first. still Boot loop and can't boot to OCZ RAM.

let me go back to my thread title and problem.

it seems my RAM has a defect as you told it must boot on the BIOS default settings but mine doesn't.

well i'll be back i need to purchase new RAM, shifting to DDR3 is a good choice? i'm on EP45C and has 2 DDR3 slot.

tnx a lot, and you gave me great help.

Yes, it should boot with optimized defaults loaded. Especially only one stick. Some will not though, but most all Should. This is a JEDEC Standard which OCZ Follows.

Can you boot one stick with manually set voltage? Can you test both sticks in another PC separately? If they wont work in another system you could have DOA stick/sticks

No, I think DDR3 right now would be a bit much. Soon, very soon DDR3 will be the standard and will be a bit cheaper. So you may want to wait if you plan to buy a 1366 Socket board and i7 CPU. But it is all up to you and how you want to spend your $$.

A new set of DDR2 would be far cheaper. Have you contacted OCZ support on the phone to see how they walk you thru testing and see if they offer RMA to you when it does not get you anywhere?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information