Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: EP45C-DS3R & RAM issue

Default Re: EP45C-DS3R & RAM issue

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes, it should boot with optimized defaults loaded. Especially only one stick. Some will not though, but most all Should. This is a JEDEC Standard which OCZ Follows.

Can you boot one stick with manually set voltage? Can you test both sticks in another PC separately? If they wont work in another system you could have DOA stick/sticks

No, I think DDR3 right now would be a bit much. Soon, very soon DDR3 will be the standard and will be a bit cheaper. So you may want to wait if you plan to buy a 1366 Socket board and i7 CPU. But it is all up to you and how you want to spend your $$.

A new set of DDR2 would be far cheaper. Have you contacted OCZ support on the phone to see how they walk you thru testing and see if they offer RMA to you when it does not get you anywhere?
    so mean to say any RAM should boot on optimized defaults settings. yaiks! mine doesn't.

1 stick or 2 sticks doesn't do anything on booting, just give me a boot loop or just hang, as you says maybe this is DOA. but if you can remember on my previous post i mentioned that the reason having P45 board from P35 is just to maximize this RAM and hopefully will solve the default settings boot problem, but still, i'm carrying the same problem on this RAM

even asking OCZ support ctr. is too late i have this RAM for how many mos. i thought at first it is normal.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Yes, Most any ram should default to JEDEC Standards (5-5-5-15/18 @ 1.8V for DDR2) and boot on Optimized settings.

So OCZ wont RMA the ram for you? Sounds to me as if the ram is actually faulty. They should for sure RMA them for you, they offer a Lifetime warranty on all memory >>>
    OCZ Technology | Support | OCZ Memory Lifetime Warranty

You did try only optimized defaults with no manual timings set right?

Yes, Most any ram should default to JEDEC Standards (5-5-5-15/18 @ 1.8V for DDR2) and boot on Optimized settings.

So OCZ wont RMA the ram for you? Sounds to me as if the ram is actually faulty. They should for sure RMA them for you, they offer a Lifetime warranty on all memory >>>
    OCZ Technology | Support | OCZ Memory Lifetime Warranty

You did try only optimized defaults with no manual timings set right?
    ya that should be. but mine doesn't.

i try everything booting on optimized defaults with no manual timings, etc. but still no luck :(
    Last edited by Smother; 10-17-2008 at 01:49 AM.

I would either RMA it and sell them for a different brand, or See if a RMA will help you as those may have some hidden issues we just are not finding

I would either RMA it and sell them for a different brand, or See if a RMA will help you as those may have some hidden issues we just are not finding
    ya ill try to contact them, but as of now i wanna OC my system so im gonna look for another set of RAMs to make sure what's the real problem.

tnx!

i've got new RAM for temporary. it's a cheap RAM made by EK Memory it is 2x1gb PC2-6400 CL5, can i OC this to 1066?

tnx!

NO, only quality 800Mhz ram will do 1066 and be stable.

You can always try though. Set the highest warrantied, or higher if you dont care, ram voltage and then set main timings to very high, like 666-18 and see if it will boot 1066. If not try 777-20.

You may have no luck though, just thought I would give you some ideas for testing it out

NO, only quality 800Mhz ram will do 1066 and be stable.

You can always try though. Set the highest warrantied, or higher if you dont care, ram voltage and then set main timings to very high, like 666-18 and see if it will boot 1066. If not try 777-20.

You may have no luck though, just thought I would give you some ideas for testing it out
    tnx for the reply LSD, well i'll try your suggestion

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information