Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GA-X48T-DQ6 cold boot issue

Default Re: GA-X48T-DQ6 cold boot issue

Alright.. That was a mixed success..

I set it all up with the loosest timings on memory, and the advanced bios options disabled.. Didn't change GMCH clock skew though.. Everything else set as you advised.. Doing that I couldn't get past POST.. It just reset all memory settings to AUTO..

Tried only changing the main timings to 999-24 and then Refresh to ACT Delay at 80..
    (voltage settings and all that still set as advised).. This seemed to work, I haven't had boot problems since at least..

Tried my luck with a slight OC.. 360*9,5 with the above settings (4.00B strap).. I've been Prime95 stable for a few hours now.. Could be fun to squeeze a little more out though.. Any ideas?

Memtest86 is not availiable for a few days for me.. My DVD drive went *POOF* the other day, and my new one is in the mail now..

Anyways.. Following your above settings to the letter gets a definate no go on my system..

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

What exactly did you set voltage wise with the ranges I provided? Skew is a If you wanna try type of thing, so it is not something you have to use nor need to use. So is that the only thing that caused you to fail or what? Or do you mean all the other timings caused the fail you think? If so ya, one of them could need a bit more

Since you are stable with them in Auto (If that is what you used) please post me a screenshot of MemSET so I can see what Auto is actually giving you and I will advise you some better set of timings for better performance and tweaking once you get your DVD burner back. MemSet is linked here >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/memo...vs-bios-27283/

Ya, try out 402 or 425 X 9 with the 2.00B or 2.00D multi, More vcore would be needed likely though

This is getting strange.. Was stable for hours with 360 in Prime.. Leave the house for a few hours, come home and presto no POST.. Back to 333.. Only manual setting is 999-24 and Refresh to ACT at 80..

Anyways.. My memorysettings:

http://www.blaznee.org/memset.jpg

Wouldn't a 2.00B/D strap make my RAM run dead slow? Like 800mhz..

I'm running +0.3 on MCH voltage, and +0.3 DDR3 overvoltage, and the 2 +0.1's you advised for stability.. Didn't touch Vcore..

Yes, 360 X 2.00 would be only 720Mhz, Sorry!!!

Try out 402 FSB with CPU multi at 9.0 only for 3.6 CPU Speed and 3.33D multi for 1338, You likely will need to raise vcore for that though

Do you have see 1T when you manually set the timings to that? I just wonder if Auto is using 1T or if that is a error. Can you show me a CPU-z (memory tab) and Everest (Chipset Northbridge) screenshot?

You can post images directly on this site, using the link like you posted above only add the link into a img tag like you see here >>>>

[img]Direct URL of Image Here[/img]

That ram should not be failing at that slow of a speed unless it really is stuck on 1T or it is just not compatible as those are very loose timings for that ram. I have had users here have the same issues with this ram I believe. Here is a few of them, Only used XMS3 as search term >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/search.php?searchid=42778

Have you tried clearing the CMOS and starting over again with the same settings, This could help

Alright.. Finally got my new dvd drive, so had an opportunity for opening up my case :-)..

I cleared CMOS (there was no jumper!! I had to take one from my old mobo to do it with).. Booted, loaded optimized, booted again, and setup my settings..

Didn't work completely though.. Booting this morning my pc did the little "double boot sequence".. You know, booting up, waiting a bit and then sort of rebooting again and going to POST.. ..

I did get a chance to play around with a little OC setting command rate at 2T.. I was wondering why it kept auto'ing to 1T.. I tried 402*9,5 w. 4.00D strap.. Recommended settings from before, 2T command rate and 1.30v on Vcore.. Got 10 minutes of Prime 95 before it failed with a reboot.. So I'm pretty close I think

Still odd with the boot problems though.. I'll be keeping an eye out..

A double reboot is normal when making BIOS changes, did you make any before you shut down the system for the final time last night and just forgot?

Sounds like from your cold boot, and only 10 minute prime test failure that you likely need some more voltages. But you should for sure get your ram Memtest86+ stable before you even run prime, otherwise you wont know if it is the ram or CPU voltage, ect that is causing your errors

Hi,

No, not that kind of double reboot where it shuts off shortly.. It just kinda sounds like it doesn't feel like booting for a little while :-)
    Anyway.. I played around with stuff a bit.. Seems like I can't get rid of the cold boot issue no matter how much voltage I pump into this system, and it can run stable for 24+ hours, and then when I reboot it won't and sometimes does a true double-reboot and resets all my settings to auto..
    So I tried going a different route, and set the following settings up.. These gave me 2 completed runs through Memtest (oddly, it seems like my memory don't care what I throw at it.. I've never seen a memory error in memtest (the red lines with errors), only that memtest freezes sometimes)
    After that it booted to Windows and ran about 3-4 hours stable in Prime95.. It crashed during the night, so the uptime is an estimate based on a download I had running..

Code:
    Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
    CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9] 
    Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0]
    CPU Host Clock Control_ [Disabled]
    CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [402] 
    PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [auto]
    C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
    System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [3.33D]
    DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [manual]

Performance Enhance = [standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 9
    Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 9
    Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______9
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 24

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ Auto
    Rank Write to READ Delay________ Auto
    Write to Precharge Delay_________ Auto
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 62
    Read to Precharge Delay__________ Auto
    Static tRead Value_______________ Auto
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal]

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR3 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.20V] 
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [Normal] 
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [Normal] 
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [Normal] 
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.32v]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
    No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
    C2/C2E State Support....................: [NOT AVAILIABLE]
    x C4/C4E State Support..................: [NOT AVAILIABLE]
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]

Integrated Peripherals
    Legacy USB Storage Detect___________________[enabled] *Note* Must be enabled to flash from USB
    Note that I turned Vdimm down to +0.2, as I was seeing the actual voltage with +0.3 be 1.82 - a bit over the rated voltage.
    I also turned MCH voltage to normal, as it seems to bring more stability than the +0.3
    With 1.32 Vcore I get a max temp of 51c, so there's a little bit more overhead on the voltage..

Ya, I would try more vcore then and see if that helps. Memtest freezing is bad, likely worse then a error. See if this helps >>>>
    Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 62-80

Static tRead Value_______________ Auto << Have you checked with Memset to see what Auto gives you? You may need to use 10+
    Static tRead Phase Adjust________ [Auto]

CPU/PCIEX Clock Driving Control [800mV]
    CPU Clock Skew Control [normal]
    GMCH Clock Skew Control [Normal] 501-50ps

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
    DDR3 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.20V] .25?
    PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [Normal]
    FSB OverVoltage Control___ [Normal] +0.1
    (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [Normal] +0.15-.2
    CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.32v] maybe more, just not really sure since you use all those Auto's above

Hmm, Memset is not showing Static tRead Value???..

I had Refresh to ACT Delay at 80.. It seemed a bit more stable at 62.. Maybe I'll try something in between.. But I think this'll be the last one I change..

I'll try the rest out later.. You sure seem hooked on that MCH Overvoltage :-)..

Values and differences between Memset and BIOS are explained in the sticky >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/memo...vs-bios-27283/

Static tRead Value is Performance Level in Memset

Ya a lower Refresh to Act will be better, but not too low. Hope you are memtesting as you go.

Ya, MCH/NB voltage is necessary to keep 2x2 stable, especially at higher speeds

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information