Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suddenly no POST

Default Re: Suddenly no POST

Quote Originally Posted by DeFraginator View Post
    Itís that dang ballistix which needs 2.2 to operate at 4-4-4-12. I have tried each of the 4 sticks individually, and Iíve entertained the thought of buying like a cheap stick of RAM to see if perhaps all four sticks are shot. One issue I have is Iím way out in the boonies of Northern NY. We have Radio Shack, and the closest Best Buy is over an hour away, so I canít just pop into a Fryís and buy components. I do suppose Iíll try reseating the CPU before I RMA the board though.
    <o:p></o:p>
    No, doesnít even get close to getting into the BIOS.
    I don't know much about the US, but could you not order say from newegg? Or does your geographical location mean you'll pay more on shipping than the product itself.

For me here in the UK, i'll always buy whatever I need online (PC wise). Crucial is always cheap or even free on delivery here in the UK - do they offer a good deal on shipping over there? So you could perhaps buy just one stick of even 512MB DDR2?
    GA-P35C-DS3R Rev2.0 F11 bios, E8200 (@3.0Ghz), OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper 4GB (@1200Mhz), Xonar D1, 8800GTS 512, Corsair HX520 (Single 12volt line, Max 40A), WDC 3200aaks/5000aaks in AHCI mode, Vista 64 Premium.

Absolutely. I bought the MB at Newegg, and every other component in the box was purchased at some online retailer or another. What I mean is since I donít have a spare stick on hand, I canít just run out and get one. Iím anxious to get this sorted out as soon as possible, since if I do need to RMA itíll take a few weeks, and Iíve already been without my main machine, which is my gaming machine, for a couple of days already. And I was right in the middle of playing Bioshock through for the second time. Iím going through withdrawal as we speak!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Crucial Does not HAVE to have 2.2 to run, that is just the warrantied amount. Yes, some boards may need it to run rated speeds and timings, but most do not. I have used many ram's that stated 2.2 or 2.1 and they work fine at 2.0 or so. What you see on the ram stickers is not so much a standard, but what is warrantied for the modules.

They do sell DDR2 at Radio Shack, any DDR2 will do of any speed. You may want to call up your local store to be sure they have some in stock, but they do sell DDR2 at Radio Shack, But it may be a online thing only. I would call and ask either way >>>
    RadioShack.com - Computers: Components & parts: Memory

No Best Buy, Circuit City, or Staples around you? They all do carry DDR2 as well, for sure in store

Newegg will Cross-ship you a board or anything else if you call them up and explain your situation and dependency on the items. Just ask nicely, and of course dont say you depend on your board for gaming or something like that, tell them you conduct your work/business related stuff on it and you Cannot wait 2 weeks for a RMA.

I have gotten this done many time, and even had prepaid shipping labels made from them, you just have to call and speak with someone there and ask nicely.

The radio shack is pretty close- I can just go over and check. There is an Office Max thatís Ďonlyí 45 minutes away, I might run over there this weekend and get a cheap stick if Radio Shack doesn't have anything.
    Are you saying that I might be able to RMA my board at Newegg instead of having to deal with Gigabyte?

Yes, Newegg RMA's anything almost for up to one year. But, alot of boards are 30 days only, so you would need to go into your RMA section of your Newegg profile and find the invoice you have for the board, choose it and see if RMA box is available

Newegg's RMA Service is superb, even if you find you are past the 30 days, I would call them up and ask to be sure as they may let you anyway

It does say ĎLimited 30-Day Return Policyí, but itís worth a shot. Thanks again for all your help.

Ya, depending on how long it has been, if they have any stock or open boxes, and who you talk to you may get them to give you one. If not you will need to RMA with Gigabyte >>>
    RMA

Good luck, and I wish you a fast return either way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information