Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is GA-EP45-DS3L a problem

Default Re: Is GA-EP45-DS3L a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ya, it does sound the same, I just wasn't sure with so many countries around the world where you meant

Good luck in deciding on a board.
    I found Mushkin 2x1GB Kit, 800MHz, 5-5-5-15 latency green heatspreader (Aus$76.0 at Itsbits so I grabbed it. They are in Aus. you just have to look hard.
    If I do have any problems, I see others post a memtest & you help them, can I do that? should I burn Memtest86 ISO onto a CD? & Gigabyte says for Qflash you need a floppy drive, should I get a floppy drive, in case? I have a USB 1GB flash drive FAT32.
    Thanks Jrik

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well, hope they do oK for you. The green ones are the old version of todays Silver ones, the "Value Ram" So they may not overclock so well. But they should be nice and stable

Yes, I will help you with settings for sure. I always suggest everyone has a floppy connected and set as first boot device incase you ever need to doa blind flash to recover a BAD BIOS BOOTBLOCK. But you can use USB for Qflash just as easy as a floppy (just put the BIOS file NOT the exe, on the USB and flash away) >>>

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

And do note, the "Bootable USB" method posted is not what you need, just the normal USB method mentioned above that section. That Bootable USB method is for some USB sticks give people issues

Lsdmeasap; Should I burn Memtest86 onto a CD? ps I threw my floppy, cos I thought no-one ever uses floppies anymore; looks like I was wrong.
    Thanks.

Floppy can save your life, grab ya a new one they are only $5-8!

You can use it from a CD in DOS, or you can put it on a Bootable USB if you like as well. If you need to know how to put it on USB let me know

Floppy can save your life, grab ya a new one they are only $5-8!

You can use it from a CD in DOS, or you can put it on a Bootable USB if you like as well. If you need to know how to put it on USB let me know
    I will get a new floppy, thanks, I shouldn't have thrown the old one.
    Yes please, I didn't know you could have a bootable USB but it's logical. I downloaded the ISO, is that the right one?
    I've only seen Mushkin blue, green & redline, not silver; though it sounds good.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Jrik; 10-31-2008 at 04:15 PM. Reason: correction

You can get a used one on ebay for less then $5 normally. Or look in your basement/attic for a old PC you forgot about

ISO is for burning to CD and must be burnt differently then all other DATA. Here is how to burn a ISO >>>

Nero >>
    How to burn a ISO Image using NERO

Other's >>>
    How to Write ISO Files to CD

Or see here for many ways >>
    how to burn a ISO - Google Search

USB method

This is the USB Version you need >>>
    http://www.memtest.org/download/2.01...+-2.01.exe.zip

You need to first make a USB Bootable Stick using the method posted here >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/

Then put the mt201.exe file also onto the USB Stick after you make it bootable. Do not add any missing files you may notice in the bootable USB version out of the system files download from that guide. Just make the USB per the directions and do not pay attention to what files you see that are missing in the USB stick afterwards they will cause memtest to not work if you add them in. See here where we found this out during testing (Especially see the last few posts) >>>
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...ighlight=mt201

You do not need to set anything in the BIOS boot order or any of that. You do have to leave the USB stick in when you reboot and be sure Legacy USB Storage Detect is enabled in the BIOS first.

Then just hit F12 at boot time and choose Hdd or Hard Drive and then on the next page choose your USB Stick by name then once DOS loads and you get your prompt just type mt201.exe and Memtest86+ will start

Thanks Lsdmeasap

Anytime, let me know how you get along
    Hi, now Christmas is over I am going to get GA-EP45-DS3L mobo again, I wanted to get the bootable USB stick with Memtest ready first but I have trouble following directions & Gigabyte site has many choices of BIOS & I'm a bit dumb, would it be possible to write a step by step instruction?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information