Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on ep45-ds4p 8800GT 512 mb

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Question on ep45-ds4p 8800GT 512 mb

Well monitor Drivers could help, but they are often not needed to much other then to just provide information about the monitor to programs that display such info like everest. but good luck, it may help.

Ya, I kinda thought it may already be a clean install. I suppose RMA would be the only thing I would do myself. Best of luck in deciding what to do, and sorry I could not help you more

Thanks for all your help, I have a friend running vista and and 8800gt successfully and I am going to have him bring his monitor and dvi cable over just to make sure its not an issue there. I may also try my card out in his system if he is up for that.

I tried all the changing resolution, powering down the monitor, switching the cable around etc fixes and still nothing. It is just frustrating because the card's fan is going and it works as an adapter with the onboard graphics, at this point i am hoping it is broken, at least that will be easy to fix. I'll post back when I figure out what is wrong/get a new card.

I almost forgot, I checked the memory timing in BIOS and it is running at the full 1066 without any changes from me!

I have no idea how I just plugged it in and started it up and it works. I was going to ask you if i should adjust the voltage going to the memory since I am running 4x2gb even though it seems to be completely stable. I have not done anything particularly taxing but the only problems I have had have all been video card related.

Sounds like a good testing plan!

Ya, some Boards will pickup correct speeds, especially if you have XMP enabled. I would manually set your voltages for sure MCH and ram voltage

Well, I tried the card with more variations, it is now boxed up and ready to ship out tomorrow..

What would you recommend for voltage and such for 8gb (4x2gb of 1066?)? I guess I can't actually make any changes until the new card comes but I can make note of it at least.

And thanks again for trying to help me, I am still a little worried that there is something I am not doing and that the next card will do the same thing. I guess if that happens i'll break down to pay and take it somewhere and have someone trouble shoot it for me.

Ram Voltage 2.0-2.1
    MCH Voltage 1.25-1.35

Hope you don't have the same issue with a new card!! Be sure you mark your card you are sending back with a UV marker or highlighter so you are SURE they do not send you the exact same one back!!!!

Just thought i would update and say that with the new card everything is up and running great and I have had no problems at all (even running osx )

Superb!

Very nice to hear you are all up and running, do past back anytime

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information