Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-DS4 new build

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS4 new build

Nice to see! I missed your post till now about GPU-z. That looks correct.

As for Hw monitor you should use CoreTemp to see your Core temps and that is all you need to worry about

The cores will always be different amount because they are always doing different work. And idle temps dont really matter so much unless they are really hot. It is your Core Temps at load that you have to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ya, that would have loaded them.

You can see your BIOS version from the BIOS MAIN page hit F9. Or you can see it in windows with CPU-z in the Mainboard tab.

I was pressing F9 when main BIOS page came up, nothing happens excpet it takes longer to start loading XP. I tried going into BIOS via DEL and then F8, which displayed q-flash and it is running I think SST 25VF080B, so is that F08?

why do you think cannot go into q-flash of main screen, it says at the bottom press F9 for q-flash!! as you said.

krishan

Oh I forgot to mention one thing, anyone buying an Antec P182 should be aware, if you buy a GPU as long as the 260gtx YOU CANNOT PUT HARD DISKS IN THE CENTRE CAGE!!. My hard disk is vertical in the lower cage, I don't know if this makes any difference to reliability of life span of a hard disk!!

Also the Antec P182 PWR LED is a 2 pin wire, so the blinking feature on the EP45-DS4 does not work. Apart form these case failing, its a good case, though I might also get an extention for the 8-pin CPU power connector which is streched to max to reach the connector via ext. cable routing.

One issue with the EP45-DS4 was that the cooler, artic freezer 7 pro FAN assembly at the left bottom (as you look towards the back of the MB) catches on the fins of the MB cooper as you try and install it.

krishan
    Last edited by krishcanag; 10-26-2008 at 05:56 PM.

You press F9 while you are IN the BIOS on the MAIN page. So, where you pressed F8, press F9 instead

F8 should be Qflash
    F9 Should be system Information
    F1 will show you what all keys will do

Ok, I think I misunderstood.
    As for easytune crashing to desktop, its a microsoft / easytune issue. When I click memory it displays the famous microsoft pop-up and wanting to send info to microsoft. It says GUI MFC appliaction as encounterd a problem and ...

Maybe my XP needs updates, I haven't connected PC to internet onto to register XP till I transfer my KIS licence over.

Yes for sure, XP would need all updates. The ones you are likely needing for the app are the .Net frameworks.

So I would go ahead and get all updates/SP's and be sure you also update/install the optional .Net Frameworks as well before you start trying to find out why it is not working

Might as well be sure you have the latest as well (Version may change without a Version change noted) >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Utility

Easytune works now
    It did an auto update after XP updates and all is well.

Just for fun I used it to set CPU tuner to SPORTS and then ran 3DMARK06 unpaid at 1440 x 900. I got a score of 14900, which I think is quite good. The CPU max was 3.4GHz on that run.

No doubt I will post when I interested in overclocking and also when I feel I need to update my BIOS, it is F6, which is pretty old, maybe that might have something to do with why I cannot go into certain options or why it is grey'ed out in BIOS.

krishan

Ahh, you may have some items for sure not there because of a older BIOS, but everything you see can be adjusted if you enabled the items.

Nice to see Updates got your ET working though

You should update the BIOS really, many good changes have been made since F6

I think I will read a bit more and then get ready for the BIOS flashing, I still have a few questions about it and will use that q-flash thread.

I want to thank you for all your support in this my first build, One of the reasons I choose the gigabyte EP45-DS4 over the Asus P5Q-Deluxe was this forum and the technical support provided.

thanks again

krishan

Thanks for your kind words! I am glad you choose Gigabyte, hopefully I can be of any help you may need!

Post back anytime if you do need some help with your BIOS flash, I would be happy to help you get it flashed

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information