Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GA-EP45-DS4 new build

Default GA-EP45-DS4 new build

Hello everyone,

I am going to build my first PC and will hopefully get some help here to do just that.

My specs are:
    EP45-DS4
    E8500
    2X 1GB DDR2 Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D (2.1V)
    Temp (7900GTX)
    Corsair 620HX PSU
    Antec P182
    DVD/CD drive
    Samsung F1 Spinpoint 750GB HDD

1. I have read that it is best to build outside the case first off to see if MB posts, hence I will connect keyboard and mouse and display, no HDD or Optical drive. What would be the expected outcome if all is well, will it say no OS found or no HDD drive and no LEDs to indicate fault, is that correct?

WILL IT FAIL AS RAM IS 2.1V I believe default on MB is 1.8V, so do I need to switch MB on go striaght into setup and change RAM voltage first?

2. If that is all good, then do I build it inside and attach HDD and optical drive.

What should be the final message this time?

3. In the manual it says first load OS and then after OS is loaded, insert gigabyte CD and install drivers, that seems odd, is that correct?

many thanks

krishan

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GA-EP45-DS4 new build

Congrats on making your first Build, it is fun (And addictive so watch out ) !!!

1. Yes, you can do this if you like. Yes, it will say no disk found after the BIOS post screen and IRQ screen go by. You can be sure the system works just by seeing the BIOS outside the case, if you can get into it you are fine. "Most" all ram, be it 2.1 or 2.3, ect will default to 1.8V so you should be fine. If you have a Older DDR2 stick just incase that would be good, as I have saw a few Corsair's recently that would not post at 1.8V. But it is a Standard/law Type of thing, By this rule All DDR2 should post at Defaults of 5-5-5-15/18 @ 800Mhz, 1.8V.

2. Message will be the same until you set your disk settings properly in the BIOS, then you can install Windows

3. Yes, that is correct, you will need to install windows and then install your drivers off the CD, such as sound drivers, chipset, ect.

Good luck, and post back with some progress reports as you get going. When do you plan to start?

I think I will start next week, I want to build up a action plan and sort of know what to expect at each stage.

You mention I need to figure the HDD is BIOS, why? I thought I only have to partition it and then load windows, I am not doing RAID which I would have to go into BIOS and change setting, but I thought with a standard drive you dont have to do anything.

Can you confirm if it does not POST on the RAM will the RAM LED be on? and do I go into MD Tweeker and take DRAM Voltage of auto and set to 2.1V?

Also, if ever a MB does not complete POST can you press the power button to start if off again and then go striaght into BIOS to make changes?

thanks
    krishan

Sorry but one other question, there is a difference between pin outs on the P182 and EP45-DS4 on HD Audio, please look at pin 6, while on 97 Audio it all seems ok, so would you say its better to connect the 97 Audio to header from case front panel?

krishan
    Attached Files Attached Files

Depending on what system you plan to install, you will need to load a driver. And yes, you must configure the BIOS disk settings

Ya you will be able to set the voltage to 2.1, but depending on your sticks of ram it may or may not boot at 1.8. All ram should though, so I would not worry about it

Ya, you can use the power button to restart the system. What is the differences between pins 6? And yes, you can use AC'97 if you like, but You may also just need to remove or move a wire for HD.

Ill check this post when I get back later today as I am about to leave. If you want post me pic's of both diagrams and I will let you know

I do not have office installed, so you will have to tell me what pin 6 differences are or Post some pics
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 10-18-2008 at 05:11 PM.

Default Re: Hmm.. That's realy cool!

Quote Originally Posted by imana86 View Post
    hmm.. That's realy cool! ------ jim (hot kicks).
    dam you, i entered the site!!!

[quote=Lsdmeasap;264765]Depending on what system you plan to install, you will need to load a driver. And yes, you must configure the BIOS disk settings

Could explain this please I don't have a clue

Ill check this post when I get back later today as I am about to leave. If you want post me pic's of both diagrams and I will let you know

There is attachment already called audio, the left hand side is the antec P182 with pin 6 as MIC2_JD, I googled that and it said it is the MIC return, so it might be ok, not sure.
    cheers
    krishan

********OS is XP HOME**********
    Last edited by krishcanag; 10-19-2008 at 12:14 AM.

In the BIOS, Advanced BIOS Settings page, you will have to set your disk settings. This is all in your manual, do you not have the board yet? If so, I understand, if not you should read the manual first for sure since this is your first build.

You will have to have a floppy for XP to install a SATA driver, or slipstream it to your install disk. Vista will allow you to use a USB, but XP will not. Some XP Disks may have the driver already on it, but not likely if it is a Purchased or OEM copy.

You will have to press F6 and load the driver in XP before the install starts, you will be asked. In vista you will use a Load driver button.

Here is your manual PDF incase you do not have the board yet and are just wanting to gain some knowledge before you get started. The Install Directions are towards the end >>>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Manual - GA-EP45-DS4 (rev. 1.0)

I see the attachement, but I said I do not have Office installed so I cannot view it. Please post pics of the diagrams. You can upload them to tinypic.com and place the direct url here in img tags like so >>>

[img]Direct URL of Image goes here[/img]

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> Hi</v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"></v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">firstly, thanks very much for your help.</v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"></v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">I have attached antec pin outs, as you can see page 30 of gigabyte manual says pin 6 should be GND, Antec says it is MIC2_JD which could be return for the mic. What to do think, safe to put it on HD?</v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">Ok I have the MB and did not see chapter5. so yes read it. According to manual since I have one disk I select option 7 and then that should copy file over to floppy, is that correct?</v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">Can I use a win98 startup disk, no experience of bookdisk on XP?</v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">Also is BIOS i go to int. peripherials and set top meanu option to AHCI mode, is that correct?</v:shapetype>
    <v:shapetype stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600">krishan</v:shapetype>
    Attached Images Attached Images GA-EP45-DS4 new build-antec-audio-bmp 

Since the antec P182 does not have a case speaker I came arocss this and bought it, a pizo speaker. Can this be connected to the speaker for beep codes and does it matter which around it goes? One of the legs is makes KSP (white wire)
    Attached Images Attached Images GA-EP45-DS4 new build-speaker-jpg 

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information